Transfer Portal Best Options

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Oracle

Re: Transfer Portal Best Options

Post by Oracle » Mon May 16, 2022 1:42 pm

The nature of public fora supports anonymity -- no one likes it when someone goes off on a personal attack and does it namelessly, but that's the way it is. Criticism of the program, aspects of coaching, even going after a wrestler's performance and such is all fair game. It's when you attack someone's motives, without proof, that gets people riled up.

Asa Packer

Post by Asa Packer » Mon May 16, 2022 4:16 pm

I've never understood the fascination with true identity on this forum. But here goes:
I'm Joe Schlabotnik. After graduating from LU, I played one year in MLB.
Batted .004, my one hit being a bloop single with my team up by ten runs.
However, in the outfield I made several spectacular catches of routine fly balls.
And once threw a runner out, who had fallen between first and second base.
Glad to meet you all!
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Mon May 16, 2022 4:38 pm

My name Jose Jimenez.
lu90

Post by lu90 » Mon May 16, 2022 5:46 pm

My name is Tyler Durden. I attended Lehigh Post Glee Club/Pep Rally era. I paid my way through LU by selling soap to high end department stores that was made from human fat collected from liposuction clinics. I also have a side hustle but the 1st rule is you're not allowed to talk about the Lehigh forums. The 2nd rule is.....
jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 » Mon May 16, 2022 6:24 pm

Back in the day, 5000 Joe Schlabotnik cards wouldn't get you one Pumpsie Green in return. Bicycle wheels refused to flap when you attached Joe's cards with your mom's clothespins.

Jose Jimenez was deported during a previous administration.

Tyler Durden sounds gay. I don't know that for certain, but since when does that matter on a public forum? Not that there's anything wrong with that.
TMH

Post by TMH » Mon May 16, 2022 6:40 pm

It looks like the off-season is upon us.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Mon May 16, 2022 6:44 pm

To change the subject, has anybody tried a cheesesteak at The Nest on 4th Street? I've read some highly complimentary reviews of their steaks and talk about convenient.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:40 pm

legger wrote: ↑Mon May 16, 2022 3:34 am
**** You all know my opinion on this issue: Post or don't post, Your Choice, but if you do decide to post, then have the courage to put your "True Identity" on the post. For those who choose to hide in their basement safely taking shots, you are just cowards. Bob Weaver, (not Bobby Weaver), Legger.

MountainHawk: "That forum was tried....and died.

... yep, it died. Because real people with IDs known weren't willing to air things that anonymous folks did.
... it remains a shame, but it is what is ... a more relaxed atmosphere, where anyone can feel free to criticize real people who are supposed to be more of a man than the anonymous are. Those are the facts that we're stuck with, like it or not. I'm with legger.
Asa Packer

Post by Asa Packer » Tue May 17, 2022 1:12 am

A few years after my unsuccessful year in MLB, I took a sabbatical from Engineering to manage a minor league team.
Unfortunately, I was fired mid-season. I called for a squeeze play,...with no one on base.

Joe Schlabotnik
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Tue May 17, 2022 2:28 am

drd5748 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:40 pm legger wrote: ↑Mon May 16, 2022 3:34 am
**** You all know my opinion on this issue: Post or don't post, Your Choice, but if you do decide to post, then have the courage to put your "True Identity" on the post. For those who choose to hide in their basement safely taking shots, you are just cowards. Bob Weaver, (not Bobby Weaver), Legger.

MountainHawk: "That forum was tried....and died.

... yep, it died. Because real people with IDs known weren't willing to air things that anonymous folks did.
... it remains a shame, but it is what is ... a more relaxed atmosphere, where anyone can feel free to criticize real people who are supposed to be more of a man than the anonymous are. Those are the facts that we're stuck with, like it or not. I'm with legger.
If the assignment was “write a word salad response to a post where nothing modifies anything and nobody knows what you’re trying to say”….
Then you get an A