Final X New York

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Spladle1989

Re: Final X New York

Post by Spladle1989 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:38 pm

And yet Lehigh has managed to win 3 out of last four duals and 4 out of 5 EiWA’s…..

Cornell has great individuals…. Average as a team…..Lehigh had a down year, next year should be much more interesting….

Dake is 31 and Nolf is closing the gap….Dake is also a well documented prick…. You want to argue that point feel free….. Gilman has widened the gap over Vito…. Yianni is the guy, and will be for another 5-6 years minimum, he is a much more dynamic freestyle wrestler than folkstyle and that is saying something….

NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:31 pm

Spladle1989 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:38 pm And yet Lehigh has managed to win 3 out of last four duals and 4 out of 5 EiWA’s…..

Cornell has great individuals…. Average as a team…..Lehigh had a down year, next year should be much more interesting….

Dake is 31 and Nolf is closing the gap….Dake is also a well documented prick…. You want to argue that point feel free….. Gilman has widened the gap over Vito…. Yianni is the guy, and will be for another 5-6 years minimum, he is a much more dynamic freestyle wrestler than folkstyle and that is saying something….
Why would I argue that Dake is a prick? I agree (maybe not "prick"), but perhaps not for the reasons you think. Not sure what that has to do with anything, as he's not a current Cornell wrestler, right? What does Gilman have to do with it, either?

These are the five current Cornell wrestlers to compete at the WCs:

Moomey: 61kg U23 GR
Cornella: 65kg U20
Vito: 57kg U23
Yianni: 65kg Senior
Cardenas: 92kg U23

For an average team, coming within a point in one of a couple of matches of beating Penn State is quite an accomplishment. Pretty good for an average team to beat VT, too.

Thanks for making my point about lack of respect so common around here. Hopefully, you treat guests at your home a bit better.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:36 pm

Klehner/Absolutely NothingMeaningful you define the cornell prick syndrome….. well eductated and useless, its really a shame but again those who cannot do….well usually they “teach” or “administer”….and worry about spelling and punctuation on websites, cause hey, they really do have nothing better to do/contribute....

Moomey- Greco, tell me again how often this translates to college folkstyle success? Keep it in this decade please…..

Cardenas- looks great in college till lights are bright, maybe that will change, wouldn’t count on it

Yianni and Vito - New York’s finest, the only two current wrestlers Cornell can hang their hat on well maybe Loew (but someone may have to tell him what day it is if they keep throwing him out there half concussed)…..

Cornelia- We’ll see, hey Jake Logan represented the US on a world team too…..
George Porgie

Post by George Porgie » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:57 pm

LU808 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:55 pm And the tie in to Lehigh is what?
I don't but they sound like great matchups to me. Good wrestling?
George Porgie

Post by George Porgie » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:12 am

Spladle1989 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:36 pm Klehner/Absolutely NothingMeaningful you define the cornell prick syndrome….. well eductated and useless, its really a shame but again those who cannot do….well usually they “teach” or “administer”….and worry about spelling and punctuation on websites, cause hey, they really do have nothing better to do/contribute....

Moomey- Greco, tell me again how often this translates to college folkstyle success? Keep it in this decade please…..

Cardenas- looks great in college till lights are bright, maybe that will change, wouldn’t count on it

Yianni and Vito - New York’s finest, the only two current wrestlers Cornell can hang their hat on well maybe Loew (but someone may have to tell him what day it is if they keep throwing him out there half concussed)…..

C'mon man, I'm a teacher, I'm also a busy professional in NYC. And most of my colleagues are quite active in the private sector as well. We have schools so people can teach and young people can learn things. We have collegiate wrestling because there are schools. We wouldn't have Lehigh wrestling if some of us incompetents didn't teach. Thank God some of us worthless losers chose to come to the Lehigh Valley.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:45 am

well self identification is a key to life, you seem well versed......

maybe you're an exception but doubtful, maybe you are the guy who had a successful career and then retired and decided to pass your knowledge onto others (which should be required of all college professors/administrators, 25 years minimum in the real world)......teachers, professors, administrators are mostly college kids who never left the womb and are stuck in a think tank world with no grounding or reality......

by the way never said we don't need them, just said they are basically people who cannot do thus they teach.......
TMH

Post by TMH » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:25 am

Spladle1989 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:36 pm Klehner/Absolutely NothingMeaningful you define the cornell prick syndrome….. well eductated and useless, its really a shame but again those who cannot do….well usually they “teach” or “administer”….and worry about spelling and punctuation on websites, cause hey, they really do have nothing better to do/contribute....

Why do I think that this board would be crowing our heads off if Lehigh had the same set of circumstances with regard to world competitions. Let's stop being so self-righteous and look in the mirror.

We have a long off season ahead of us and plenty of speculation to look forward to.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:29 am

Hardly being self righteous, was brought up so I broke it down......complimentary to Yianni and Vito, realistic with Moomey, Dake and Cornelia.....you don't have too agree, that's ok.......
mookie

Post by mookie » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:38 am

The old guard held serve last night. Yianni, Dake, Burroughs, and Taylor secured their world team spots.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:46 am

To me Zillmer was the only real surprise.....well that and how much Nolf has closed the gap on Dake, Dake had zero offense but his defense still keeps him coming out on top but you wonder for how much longer...

and it's funny to see Yianni referred to as the old guard........ages:

Burroughs 33
Dake 31
Taylor 31
Yianni 23

but he sure has already been around awhile on the international scene...
Last edited by Spladle1989 on Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.