'22-'23 Schedule

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
drd5748

Re: '22-'23 Schedule

Post by drd5748 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:21 pm

Agree on more than one way to reach the same goals. From working with him, one of his biggest frustrations has been how hard it's been to get the best teams to say 'yes.' It's to his credit that the list remains stacked and I can recall all the years when the fans were the first to complain in some years when there weren't enough.

Obviously, our relative recent off-years may be influencing our fan confidence, but I can't recall the last LU coach that changed his philosophy mid-career. When Strobel signed with us, he showed me his contract which included all-new language which stipulated the goal of dual scheduling which maximized the odds of a .750 W/L pct. This was response to the prior Turner & Hutch philosophy from '82-94 of "nothing matters but NCAAs."

It's to PJ's credit that 9 of his 14 seasons have been .700 or above; with the Covid year (3-4) the only losing one.

jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:47 am

Not a wrestling item, but it has to do with the money some college teams can throw around if they want to -- the Minnesota Twins, in first place in the AL Central Division, are about to lose their pitching coach. Wes Johnson is making approx. $350K in that role for the Twins; Louisiana State has offered him $750K. His last day with the Twins is Thursday. This was just reported on the MLB channel.

It's one thing to lose a coach to another college team over salary. But when a major league baseball team loses out in mid-season to a college team? Another sign that civilization as we know it is coming to an end.
mh1

Post by mh1 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:26 pm

Thanks jda, that is just nuts! What a crazy time in college sports. I feel like this is the wild west till they get this all sorted out.