IM has released NCAA D1 Rankings

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
mh1

Re: IM has released NCAA D1 Rankings

Post by mh1 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:34 pm

I am hearing 133 out of the gate

whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:19 pm

Traditionally a pessimist, I'm trying to become more optimistic in my advanced age. There's enough for me to be pessimistic about without also being pessimistic about Lehigh wrestling.

But I didn't post above that I "expected" LU to be a top 15 dual meet team. I wrote that it "should be ACHIEVABLE (emphasis supplied)".

Please respond to the words that are written. And if you're not sure what they mean, look them up.

Thank you.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:00 pm

I never said we should be Top 15 every year in either duals or ncaas. It's about goals, or 'aspirations'

I did choose an incorrect word "expect" to be - and it certainly wasn't based on recent years. I did suggest that Top 20 every year in the future is a soft goal and did my best to imply the staff and team agrees, beginning with this year. The first goal they can declare and attain.

And it has nothing to do with chest beating, unless one is an 11-yr old ape. The good news is that Spladdle has finally adjusted his expectations pre-season vs. dumping on the team at the end. It's a start.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:02 pm

I just realized my post following whiz's was virtually identical.

Small wonder when words are squooshed into our 'mouths' - at least in my case, I did choose an incorrect word
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:23 am

I guess I'm more interested in Crookham at 133 right out of the gate than the Marquis of Queensbury Rules of Forum Linguistics.

Maybe the plan is to try him there at least for 1 year. Who knows, maybe he wasn't cutting much last year at 138, although he looked pretty solid. The PSU recruit he beat in the PA AAA finals (Pierce) was very rugged.

Happily, there's no rush to decide.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:38 am

"And it has nothing to do with chest beating, unless one is an 11-yr old ape. The good news is that Spladdle has finally adjusted his expectations pre-season vs. dumping on the team at the end. It's a start."

this is funny, there is no line with the Denster between valid criticism and "dumping on the team"........you are how you wrestled (as a wrestler), anything else is just fluff and fanboy misdirection......anything other than kissing the program and its history's ass is dumping on them.......saying a wrestler really needs to improve his offense or that he can't live and die by riding, or needs to work on getting out from bottom is not "dumping on them".......spare me the teenage fanboy crush diva drama......

If Crookham does go 133 we have quite the logjam at 133 and 141......wonder where Delaney is planning on wrestling, will him and Seymour battle it out now at 125 allowing Lane to not have to struggle to stay near 125 if needed? Also if he never officially registered at Lockhaven what has Delaney been doing since high school? Was he injured last year? Spent the year in Iran working on his wrestling technique? Running mountains in Siberia?
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:41 am

Spladle1989 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:38 am "And it has nothing to do with chest beating, .......spare me the teenage fanboy crush diva drama......

If Crookham does go 133 we have quite the logjam at 133 and 141......wonder where Delaney is planning on wrestling, will him and Seymour battle it out now at 125 allowing Lane to not have to struggle to stay near 125 if needed? Also if he never officially registered at Lockhaven what has Delaney been doing since high school? Was he injured last year? Spent the year in Iran working on his wrestling technique? Running mountains in Siberia?

... que ROCKY music.
D3
Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:07 am

In the ancient past I would question wrestlers who hadn't wrestled for two years straight. But that describes much of Cornell's roster and they seem to be managing. So maybe the old rules don't apply in the Noo World Order.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:54 pm

It's safe to say the staff feels pressure to win greater than any of us online. That's true every year, but especially after the recent blips, with a greater than avg interest in using true frosh (and Garcia, before other good news). They are far more frustrated by the Covid interruptions than all of us combined (I don't go to many practices, anymore, even before Covid). I seriously doubt any fan could propose a reasonable line-up not already under consideration. Sorry, I can't break confidences but I'm consoled by that fact that when I completed my 5-yr $10k pledge to the Wrestling Partnership 12/30/21, Pat didn't respond with "Thanks, pathetic fanboy"

To the best of my knowledge, Spladdle's the first humanoid ever to use the term fanboy in my lifetime.
Congrats, man. At my age after a gazillion words and posts, that's quite an honor
jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:12 pm

drd5748 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:54 pm (and Garcia, before other good news)
So what's the other good news?