MEMO TO SELF (SELVES)

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
drd5748

MEMO TO SELF (SELVES)

Post by drd5748 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:31 pm

The opinions expressed by members of this Forum are intended to be just that - OPINIONS by the fans.

They may be considered "Feelings"; "Concerns" "Leanings," Interpretations or "Moods;" in no case are they intended as "Facts" (those annoying things mostly and inappropriately inserted by drd to help thwart outright distortion).

Never - ever - take any one post seriously ... simply say out loud "hahaha!" and proceed to the next ramblings.

All in the name of fan expression: never mind what an athlete, coach, parent or fellow bd member may think.
Ha! After all, who ever takes this forum seriously??

Mountain Hawk

Re: MEMO TO SELF (SELVES)

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:56 pm

This again?
mookie

Post by mookie » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:05 pm

The burden of being in charge.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:05 am

drd5748 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:31 pm The opinions expressed by members of this Forum are intended to be just that - OPINIONS by the fans.

They may be considered "Feelings"; "Concerns" "Leanings," Interpretations or "Moods;" in no case are they intended as "Facts" (those annoying things mostly and inappropriately inserted by drd to help thwart outright distortion).

Never - ever - take any one post seriously ... simply say out loud "hahaha!" and proceed to the next ramblings.

All in the name of fan expression: never mind what an athlete, coach, parent or fellow bd member may think.
Ha! After all, who ever takes this forum seriously??

>>>>>>>> You miss the essence of fan fora if you think only facts matter.
BTW, I posted nothing to indicate Garcia was giving up wrestling completely. My observation was merely an opinion on where his preference lies. You took it to the next level on your own. I reserve the right to adjust my opinion based on new information. Or is that not allowed?

"What it says, more than anything, is Garcia is a football player. Period. The end. No fault to be found with a guy preferring one sport over another. Hope he recovers and enjoys a nice FB career for LU."

Lastly, "athletes, coaches, parents and fellow bd member (really?)" -- are they now in charge of what gets posted? Things have to be run by them first? Heaven forbid if their sensitivities get offended by FANS and SUPPORTERS of the program voicing their opinions. IMO, there should be more concern about the 'expecation' of top 10, top 15 than anything posted about Gaige Garcia. All IMO.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:32 am

Oracle wrote in part,

" [T}here should be more concern about the 'expecation' of top 10, top 15 than anything posted about Gaige Garcia."

As I wrote above, I didn't post an expectation. But if I had, why should that be a matter of concern? Some people are optimists, some are pessimists and some are in between. If a guy writes that he expects the team to be rated top 5 in duals or Crookham to be a national champion in his first year, so what? What harm is he doing? If you disagree you can ignore him or ask him for the basis of his expectation. That's kind of what this forum is for, isn't it?
jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:43 am

Oracle wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:05 am I posted nothing to indicate Garcia was giving up wrestling completely.

"What it says, more than anything, is Garcia is a football player. Period. The end. No fault to be found with a guy preferring one sport over another. Hope he recovers and enjoys a nice FB career for LU."
True, you posted no evidence to support your opinion. But I sure thought that you were predicting that we'd never see Garcia in a singlet.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:34 am

I thought it was pretty clear Oracle was inferring that Garcia is football first and that wrestling is clearly secondary…. And in that I see him as correct….

Denster should really give up on trying to be the “moderator” of the forum…..in the end it just fans the flames making people be more “negative”….. but that’s just my opinion, which of course i am entitled to…. By the way fanboy was first used in 1919 according to webster’s dictionary, and was unquestionably correctly used in my post….you can’t really be all the way back to 1919 out of date can you?
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:59 pm

On the fact that I should stop trying to moderate this forum there can be no disagreement. None. Too stressful to me and to a lot of posters who believe that facts are less appropriate than bias. Most posts supports this.

I initiated this thread to remind people not to believe what they read. I didn't specify what I believed would happen in response - in effect: "Nobody wants facts; so what if I said that Garcia's just a football player? It was just my opinion; everybody knows that." Exactly how & when fans are supposed to know this, isn't clear.

The odd truth? In one breath you complained about hearing nothing about Gaige. In the very next breath you avow the end of his wrestling, adding "Period." for emphasis. Power of the social media press. But you *are* The Oracle, after all. Comes with a lot of pressure, I'm sure.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:04 pm

>>>By the way fanboy was first used in 1919 according to webster’s dictionary, and was unquestionably correctly used in my post….you can’t really be all the way back to 1919 out of date can you?

... Yet again, you skirt a barb to rejigger your answer.
... I was born in 1948 and can't recall ever hearing the phrase before in my lifetime
... Now which one of us is out of date using a phrase from the Roaring '20's?
LU808

Post by LU808 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:06 pm

>>>>>>>> You miss the essence of fan fora if you think only facts matter.
BTW, I posted nothing to indicate Garcia was giving up wrestling completely. My observation was merely an opinion on where his preference lies. You took it to the next level on your own. I reserve the right to adjust my opinion based on new information. Or is that not allowed?

Lastly, "athletes, coaches, parents and fellow bd member (really?)" -- are they now in charge of what gets posted? Things have to be run by them first? Heaven forbid if their sensitivities get offended by FANS and SUPPORTERS of the program voicing their opinions. IMO, there should be more concern about the 'expecation' of top 10, top 15 than anything posted about Gaige Garcia. All IMO.
[/quote]

Interesting that you responded as if the drd comment was directed at you for your "Garcia giving up wrestling" comment. It reads as if it was a general comment for all.