MEMO TO SELF (SELVES)

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Spladle1989

Re: MEMO TO SELF (SELVES)

Post by Spladle1989 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:28 pm

Uhhhh Denster go on Instagram or twitter and plug it in….. very vey commonly used term these days, one might call it “in” or “hip”in your days and actually if you look it up in Websters there is a picture of you….. barb lol, not quite…..

And I believe Oracle would be correct in his assumption as to who that was directed to LU808….pretty much confirmed by the Denster’s grandiose and comedic retort….

drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:09 pm

>>>I thought it was pretty clear Oracle was inferring that Garcia is football first and that wrestling is clearly secondary…. And in that I see him as correct….

... therein lies the rub - where fans feel to infer athlete inclinations, as if they're in the know.

... even when they have close to zero information.

... the reason for this thread initiated. My right to post anything is "so great that I could shoot somebody on 5th Avenue and wouldn't lose any support." In Spladdle's modern day use of the vernacular "my shit doesn't stink"

... Modern sports media like NY Giants chat rooms/questions to editors will stop a post & demand a change for mere usage of words like "my backside." Laughably civilized vs. this moderator-less forum. Enjoy it, guys & girls. I no longer care, as of now.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:22 pm

Uh huh, talk to ya tomorrow
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:56 pm

You can tell it's the off season.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:47 am

And he’s gone again.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:49 am

whiz wit wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:32 am Oracle wrote in part,

" [T}here should be more concern about the 'expecation' of top 10, top 15 than anything posted about Gaige Garcia."

As I wrote above, I didn't post an expectation. But if I had, why should that be a matter of concern? Some people are optimists, some are pessimists and some are in between. If a guy writes that he expects the team to be rated top 5 in duals or Crookham to be a national champion in his first year, so what? What harm is he doing? If you disagree you can ignore him or ask him for the basis of his expectation. That's kind of what this forum is for, isn't it?
>>>>>> Yes. I agree with you.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:56 am

I re-read this thread and I get what everyone is saying, including Denny.

Perhaps saying "{Period. The end." was a little over the top on my part. Maybe Gaige Garcia is an integral part of the team moving forward. I hope so. A guy as physical as he is can only help our upper weights, including Michael Beard. I still think he's football first which is problematic for the wrestling program. We have heard almost nothing to dispel this theory.

There is no agenda coming from me. The depth is the best it's ever been even if the front line AA potential remains to be seen. If LU can mat it's best guys and keep them healthy, the upside for '22-'23 is huge.

Happy 4th to one and all.
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:11 pm

Great summary Oracle!! Considering that Garcia is on a football scholarship it only makes sense that it comes first & foremost.

He has to g ex potential to be one of if not our best running back ever assuming his injury had not diminished his potential.

Quite frankly with the Beard transfer & Taylor at heavyweight, Garcia is less critical to our future but nice to have if he can do both.

Will be interesting to see if Crookham can really make 133 as he is going to be fun since he is a local recruit with local fan base to add to Grace Hall.
JAD77

Post by JAD77 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:55 pm

LUEngineer wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:11 pm Considering that Garcia is on a football scholarship it only makes sense that it comes first & foremost.
As the saying goes - follow the money.

I'm sure (or reasonably so without any insight or knowledge- there, I covered my *ss) that if wrestling had been his primary motivation, Pat would have worked something out vis a vis wrestling $$'s and he would have been a walk-on in football, not the other way around.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:37 pm

If football takes precedence, baffling, really.