MEMO TO SELF (SELVES)

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
jdalu75

Re: MEMO TO SELF (SELVES)

Post by jdalu75 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:42 pm

Pat Santoro told me face to face that Garcia would wrestle. In 2022-23. Period. End of discussion. Finito. I did not think to ask which weight he'd be at. Sorry.

And I've posted that before on this forum. So I trust the ultimate source (other than Gaige himself). Anything else is just virtual gum-flapping (a term that came into use in the USA in the mid-20th century, according to grammarist.com).

Final post. This forum has outlived its usefulness.

Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:00 pm

Lol…. No one, i repeat NO ONE said Garcia would not wrestle next year??? What is that post even about JDA?????
George Porgie

Post by George Porgie » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:25 pm

jdalu75 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:42 pm Pat Santoro told me face to face that Garcia would wrestle. In 2022-23. Period. End of discussion. Finito. I did not think to ask which weight he'd be at. Sorry.

And I've posted that before on this forum. So I trust the ultimate source (other than Gaige himself). Anything else is just virtual gum-flapping (a term that came into use in the USA in the mid-20th century, according to grammarist.com).

Final post. This forum has outlived its usefulness.
I don't know about that. It can be really entertaining.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:09 am

DRD and JDA are as close to the program as anyone (Gimp as well) and thus not in a position to go public with their personal opinions. We should all respect that. Hard to fault them for defending the shield.

I'm all for anyone leaving who has nothing to contribute in terms of opinions. If I want factoids I can always go to the LU wrestling page. It's always very enlightening to hear from others with differing views -- it gives everyone a pulse of what fans think -- good or bad. IMO that's useful.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:08 pm

Oracle wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:09 am DRD and JDA are as close to the program as anyone (Gimp as well) and thus not in a position to go public with their personal opinions. We should all respect that. Hard to fault them for defending the shield.

I'm all for anyone leaving who has nothing to contribute in terms of opinions. If I want factoids I can always go to the LU wrestling page. It's always very enlightening to hear from others with differing views -- it gives everyone a pulse of what fans think -- good or bad. IMO that's useful.
This is the point of public forum like this. Its not a GD LU wrestling sanctioned set of press releases. It will not say what drd and/or jda want it to say all the time - perhaps not even very much at all. Anyone who doesn't like the open nature of this thing best bugger off.
Asa Packer

Post by Asa Packer » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:09 pm

Fun fact: the expression "bugger off" goes back to at least 1533, possibly much longer.
The Buggery Act: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buggery_Act_1533