Evan Henderson-Assistant Coach

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
gimpeltf

Re: Evan Henderson-Assistant Coach

Post by gimpeltf » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:55 am

Did it occur to you guys that the contract might not be signed yet with a i's dotted and t's crossed and/or a start date agreed to? This may be the result of the equivalent to a verbal commitment in recruiting where the school can't yet comment. The only official notice I saw was from the LVWC/RTC. That's likely signed.

Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:01 am

Love the righteous indignation there Gimp...

But if a guy is posting he has been hired as an Assistant Coach at a university, I would hope it is a done deal, this is nothing like a verbal from a high school recruit......or as I said someone either jumped the gun or Lehigh's Athletic Department is leaving them hanging out to dry.....especially if it involves someone leaving
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:54 am

C'mon, Gimp, don't be a party pooper. We're havin' fun with this.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:43 pm

As the former Dir Dev/PR Dir of LVAC now LVWC, I feel compelled to help rescue Gimp, who merely attempted to set the record straight. Perhaps this forum recalls that Mike Beard tweeted his verbal to us in early May, while the official LU releases were in mid-July. Harm to fans: for the wait: zero. None.

As you know, Henderson is an LVWC (Club) acquisition so Lehigh's SID has no urgent need to post a Club position. The Club reference on Evan confirms his signing but not yet his title. As brand new news, social media often trumps everyone. Damage to fans: none.

Hopefully, most know that all Club signings involves annual compensataion (always Club funds separate from Univ) and usually w/health care. All signed athletes work out with any/all LU ugrad athletes in mostly separate practices.

The term "Volunteer Assistant" is a misnomer which allows that paid coach to sit on the bench as the 4th coach - but since the NCAA authorizes just 3 full-time coaches, the VA is not allowed in direct recruiting (obviously has an impact).

Anyone who publicly speculates on any coach leaving is, well, a moron (no apology here). The last I heard from Brad --not leaving -- he quipped 2 wks ago: "does anyone still read the forum?" So NO word on any coach leaving, according to retired Club Chairman, Garry Paul '67 who I need to call back to confirm his upcoming serious heart surgery.

Enough with the pathetic Page Six gossip column approach (I borrow the adj from my buddy, Spladle)
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:30 pm

Leave a piece of cheese on the floor and you can be sure the rat will come out of its hole.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:53 pm

>>>don't be a party pooper. We're havin' fun with this.

... Speculating on a coach leaving is nobody's idea of fun - especially for that coach
... Since you speculated on who might leave, it's safe to say you were the rat who sniffed the cheese
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:53 pm

That is such a complete hogwash post, DRD better suited for BS Washington company line work.. what a line of sh$t….. but I’m sure Gimp and Co. will clap him on the back and say “well done sir”….. what a crock….. poorly done all around by Lehigh Athletics PR/SID department…. DRD/Densters BS be damned lol

Besides he promised us he was gone, so who can trust him??

Waiting for the indignant post, should be any minute lol…. But in the end who cares, his old boy freinds will blindly believe him…… their choice to be lambs….

And to be clear Henderson himself posted Lehigh Assistant Coach not LVAC coach/athlete….comparing a coaching hire to a transfer recruit…. Spare me…...Denny your bs story ain’t working

Dennys damage to fans/ lots…..noboby likes being bull sh&tted ( if, and thats a big if in Denny’s case they have any intelligence)…

All this may be a little much but he reaps what he sows….
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:09 pm

My guess is that he will replace Darian as the volunteer coach so that Darian will have more time to focus on his international competition with LVWC.

That would mean no one leaving but rather a new hire by LVWC to be working out with our guys in the room. What weight is he?
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:42 am

65kg on the freestyle circuit... a smidge over 143lbs.
D3
Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:21 am

Henderson apparently wrote somewhere that he will be joining the "@lehighwrestling coaching staff". Seems that heavyweightnationblog interpreted that to mean that he was taking an "assistant coaching position" and joining Santoro, Dillon, Rey & Cruz at the University. If that's all Henderson has written, and without other evidence that he'll be coaching at the University, he could have meant that he's going to the LVWC.