Nahshon Garrett

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Mountain Hawk

Re: Nahshon Garrett

Post by Mountain Hawk » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:02 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign ... n_movement

Barely registers on the modern day list of complete nutters. No idea if our new LVAC gent espouses these views or not. MH merely answering LUEngineer.

NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:32 pm

LUEngineer wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:41 am I think there is ample evidence to suggest that the vaccine helped prevent hospitalization & deaths with the original COVID but not necessarily slowing the spread of infection.

The Latest variants of COVID appear to be hitting the vaccinated harder than the unvaccinated based upon recent reports of hospitalizations & deaths.

In any case what does “sovereign citizen” mean that everyone is all upset about?
I'd like to see any data that shows that vaccinated people are hit harder than unvaccinated. Is that just because so many more are vaccinated (as in, if 100% of the people are vaccinated, then 100% of the deaths will be in vaccinated people)? What are the rates of hospitalization/death among vaccinated and unvaccinated?

The idea of sovereign citizenship (which you could look up) can be found here: https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate ... s-movement

tl;dr: conspiracy nuttery.
LU808

Post by LU808 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:58 pm

drd5748 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:39 pm two rational posts in a row .... the problem with that last sentence is that about 40% of America is passionate about spreading lies and that pct believes the other side is equally passionate, including most of the media.

One of a dozen reasons to avoid politics on this sports forum.
"Spreading lies"...I assume you're talking about Fauci.
LU808

Post by LU808 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:00 pm

NothingMeaningful wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:41 pm
Oracle wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:51 pm
I take it Nothing Meaningful's innuendo was asked and answered --- he seems to object to Garrett's vaxx preferences. I do not and also applaud and welcome his comments on voter fraud. Everyone has an opinion -- time for inclusion of thought and not to shout down those holding a different view simply because one believes they are 'elite' and know what's best for everyone.
He is entitled to his own opinions, but he is not entitled to his own facts. He believes in sovereign citizenship: that's not a matter of "different view," it's idiocy.
So....no one has an inalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?
lu90

Post by lu90 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:08 pm

LU808 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:00 pm
I take it Nothing Meaningful's innuendo was asked and answered --- he seems to object to Garrett's vaxx preferences. I do not and also applaud and welcome his comments on voter fraud. Everyone has an opinion -- time for inclusion of thought and not to shout down those holding a different view simply because one believes they are 'elite' and know what's best for everyone.
He is entitled to his own opinions, but he is not entitled to his own facts. He believes in sovereign citizenship: that's not a matter of "different view," it's idiocy.
So....no one has an inalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?
And not paying taxes.....
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:24 pm

The Founding document of the United States, the Declaration of Independence says those rights are inalienable. However However a political party, and a National Association funded by Russia, seems to believe that a post ratification amendment to the second governing document of the nation says the right of anyone not in prison or on parole for a violent felony to purchase and use a semiautomatic firearm is a more important right than the life of an elementary school student.
George Porgie

Post by George Porgie » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:09 pm

Isn't this supposed to be a wrestling forum. I don't want to hear about your politics.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:07 am

Richb-3 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:24 pm

The Founding document of the United States, the Declaration of Independence says those rights are inalienable. However However a political party, and a National Association funded by Russia, seems to believe that a post ratification amendment to the second governing document of the nation says the right of anyone not in prison or on parole for a violent felony to purchase and use a semiautomatic firearm is a more important right than the life of an elementary school student.
You must be fun at parties.
LU808

Post by LU808 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:25 pm

Mountain Hawk wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:07 am
Richb-3 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:24 pm

You must be fun at parties.

YEAH...real blast.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:38 pm

I have to love LU808 Trying to making a political remark about Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Then getting upset when someone responds to it.