Nahshon Garrett

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
drd5748

Re: Nahshon Garrett

Post by drd5748 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:36 pm

Maybe an anonymous forum isn't entitled to an answer ?

A question: how did four Philadelphia Phillies earning about $60mil/yr combined sign their contracts while unvaccinated? This cost Aaron Nola one start in Toronto and starters Realmuto and Boehm each missed 3 full games.

A little perspective is never a bad idea when we post about other people's lives.

mookie

Post by mookie » Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:41 pm

He's been very public about his positions on many topics. Clearly, Lehigh chose to ignore an awful lot.
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:46 pm

drd5748 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:39 pm I have a great photo of Garrett, McCoy, Doto, Caruso after their very positive interview at Melt, part of his overnight stay at the Hotel B. Mike referred to this as one of the most significant hires the Club has ever made (you might say "something meaningful," since Mike opinions). While I don't agree with antivaxxers (who have contributed to the return of polio in America) he is hardly unique among the millions who are; although probably 1 of the most well-spoken.
How about his belief in Sovereign citizens? Or his complaining about voter fraud?
LU808

Post by LU808 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:05 pm

Hmmm....the fascist group think is strong in these vaxers.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:45 pm

NothingMeaningful wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:46 pm
drd5748 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:39 pm I have a great photo of Garrett, McCoy, Doto, Caruso after their very positive interview at Melt, part of his overnight stay at the Hotel B. Mike referred to this as one of the most significant hires the Club has ever made (you might say "something meaningful," since Mike opinions). While I don't agree with antivaxxers (who have contributed to the return of polio in America) he is hardly unique among the millions who are; although probably 1 of the most well-spoken.
How about his belief in Sovereign citizens? Or his complaining about voter fraud?
Results of a Cornell education no doubt.
JAD77

Post by JAD77 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:49 pm

LU808 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:05 pm Hmmm....the fascist group think is strong in these vaxers.
Huh???
Look, Nashon will help the team. He's a damned good lightweight. And with both Darian and Nashon in the room, Lehigh's lightweights won't know what hit them. I think it will help immensely.

But when you talk about your personal freedoms like they trump all else, then you fall into the category of every whiner who constantly talks about their rights, but completely ignores their responsibilities. And when you start talking about sovereign citizens, then you've really decided that you owe absolutely nothing to society or to your country.

So tell me why someone questioning that is a fascist.
JAD77

Post by JAD77 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:50 pm

whiz wit wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:45 pm
NothingMeaningful wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:46 pm
Results of a Cornell education no doubt.
Well played Whiz Wit :D
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:03 pm

Everyone has an opinion and we all anal apertures, too, and it's considered illadvised to share those.
If you insist that politics is a good idea here, I'll point out that my son will swamp the field in 9 days to win the GOP nomination for Gov of Massachusetts.

Yes, a tough state for Republicans (Geoff, LU '92, lost to Liz for U.S. Senate), the odds for GOP governors aren't too bad, if you research just one Democratic Gov in the last six (2 in 9), incl the current Charlie Baker (Harvard) and Mitt Mitt Romney. An online feature on GGD confirms that he can't talk politics with his Mom, my ex. I was happy not to be mentioned. Despite fully backing his $enate run, he & I agreed in 2007 not to discuss politics, either.

But the family has plenty of other chat options when we get together (like 4 days 3 wks ago).
This forum certainly isn't a family but would be nice if we tried to be; I'm pretty sure we all agree that talking politics here is pointless & painful (it's become painful everywhere).
I'd be one proud papa to have a Gov for a son; am sure his mother would agree.
Lighten up, everyone.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:34 pm

>>>>>>>>>>>>> A well-reasoned and articulated position IMO. Welcome Nahshon.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:37 pm

LU808 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:05 pm Hmmm....the fascist group think is strong in these vaxers.
Agree.