Halftime

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Mountain Hawk

Re: Halftime

Post by Mountain Hawk » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:44 pm

Ok then…. Twerking hologram it is.

Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:44 am

PIAA governs 7th and 8th grade athletes. I don't know if that is true of other states.

Remember the last time Lehigh tried to have a HS dual precede the Collegiate match, This was before Philadelphia Public or Catholic Schools were part of PIAA. Tried to arrange a meet between the champions of the two conferences, but the Public school champ could not arrange for a bus.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:40 am

Richb-3 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:44 am PIAA governs 7th and 8th grade athletes. I don't know if that is true of other states.
True as to PIAA. For that last post, I was thinking NCAA.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:56 am

Sorry, but the idea of an half-time under card with high school kids is never going to happen.
Where are they doing this now again?
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:03 am

Oracle wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:56 am Sorry, but the idea of an half-time under card with high school kids is never going to happen.
Where are they doing this now again?
Sorry, I didn't realize the test of an idea is whether somebody else is doing it.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:08 pm

Well, no, the idea is fine. Gimp suggested why it isn't done.

It's just we waste a ton of time discussing/reading about an idea that has zero chance to fly. BTW, I like your idea.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:37 pm

Oracle wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:08 pm Well, no, the idea is fine. Gimp suggested why it isn't done.

It's just we waste a ton of time discussing/reading about an idea that has zero chance to fly. BTW, I like your idea.
I don't think Gimp "ruled on it" definitively.

In any event, I seem to remember a girls match during intermission of the Princeton dual at home last season when Ayres' daughter, who was in high school, went up against a girl from Pa or NY. Girls wrestling was sanctioned by the powers that be in NJ at the time yet there apparently was no bar to her doing that exhibition. Maybe Pa's different than NJ (although her opponent may have been from Wyoming Sem) and girls may be different from boys. And if Pa bars but NJ allows, there are some good high school boys wrestlers in western NJ. Might also do girls again. That musical inflatable chairs bit is an embarrassment for a halftime show at a high level wrestling meet IMHO.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:57 pm

whiz wit wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:37 pm
Oracle wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:08 pm Well, no, the idea is fine. Gimp suggested why it isn't done.

I don't think Gimp "ruled on it" definitively.

In any event, I seem to remember a girls match during intermission of the Princeton dual at home last season when Ayres' daughter, who was in high school, went up against a girl from Pa or NY. Girls wrestling was sanctioned by the powers that be in NJ at the time yet there apparently was no bar to her doing that exhibition. Maybe Pa's different than NJ (although her opponent may have been from Wyoming Sem) and girls may be different from boys. And if Pa bars but NJ allows, there are some good high school boys wrestlers in western NJ. Might also do girls again. That musical inflatable chairs bit is an embarrassment for a halftime show at a high level wrestling meet IMHO.
I don't know the specifics but yes, the NJSIAA is a different entity than is the PIAA.