SCHEDULE

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
drd5748

Re: SCHEDULE

Post by drd5748 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:35 pm

No further comment.

The defense rests

whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:48 pm

drd5748 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:35 pm No further comment.

The defense rests
Lol. You and Gimp work great together. Did you guys every try cheating at the poker table?
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:44 pm

Damn, I’m running out of popcorn…should be able to run to the store and get some more before DRD “haaasssssssss” to say something obtuse and then Gimp has just got to defend him…. Come on man just give me ten minutes before the “respected statistician” spouts from his mountain top….
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:23 pm

Am sure you no-names wouldn't be impressed, but it felt pretty nice yesterday in Princeton yesterday when Darryl Burley took a moment at the podium to say 'thank you' to both Gimp & me. Our table incl 3 coaches (Hutch, Latessa, Thad Turner, wife, son), Mark Lieberman, Vice Admiral Kilrain. One of the best parts in a small sport over the years is how many people you get to know from all over the country. Good people, half of them Hall of Fame.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:33 pm

My God man where would we be without you?
Kneel before Zod!
LU808

Post by LU808 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:09 pm

legger wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:45 pm **** Petty personal on line feuds bore me to tears. I know I was guilty of continuing the Cheesesteak thread, but Can't we get back to wrestling? This season is indeed looking up for Lehigh. I for one cannot wait and I am very much looking forward to rooting our guys to great success. Those of you who still want to fight, please arrange to meet off Forum and spare us fans who really only want to enjoy the wrestling and support Lehigh your opinions.

+1000
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:23 am

Mountain Hawk wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:33 pm My God man where would we be without you?
Kneel before Zod!

>>>>>>>> A fair-minded person would not take it the way you did. DRD is responding to a personal attack by pointing out his long and satisfying relationship with the program. That was a fair way to defend. Give credit where credit is due for heaven's sake.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:21 pm

Oracle wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:23 am
Mountain Hawk wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:33 pm My God man where would we be without you?
Kneel before Zod!

>>>>>>>> A fair-minded person would not take it the way you did. DRD is responding to a personal attack by pointing out his long and satisfying relationship with the program. That was a fair way to defend. Give credit where credit is due for heaven's sake.
There's a lot of people who support the program, the coach, the school, and individual wrestlers on occasion who don't go around flashing some kind of credential like they are the highest and the mightiest. Dude is just flat out annoying no matter how you slice it. I'm pretty sure that whoever he was arguing with is well aware of Denny's inside credential and his deep importance to the functioning of the program. If not, they are now. The "no-names" look forward to the next board retirement.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:24 pm

Oracle wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:23 am
Kneel before Zod!

The most egregious "personal attack" upon DRD prior to his once again boring us with his credentials was when MH referred to him as a "massive homer".

What DRD seems incapable of grasping is that he lacks credibility not because of a lack of knowledge but due to an utter lack of objectivity. It's rather frustrating and ultimately a waste of time and forum space to try to discuss an issue about LU wrestling with a person who's a cheerleader for LU wrestling and can see no wrong with it. If he feels he can't discuss issues with a at least a modicum of objectivity, then he should remain silent on the issues or remove himself from the forum. Since he does occasionally provide some interesting nuggets of information, I'd prefer the former.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:09 pm

>>Since he does occasionally provide some interesting nuggets of information, I'd prefer the former.

... 911 ! (that's the sound of fiancee' Walda dialing the Rescue Squad after the shock just caused my stroke)

... you guys are 1000% as predictable in your responses, as I am in making.

... Sure, I'm a cheerleader - like the majority of LU fans are. But how dare I try to cite any 'majority' that I can't statistically prove?? Easy - the pct of nice hand-written notes received w/renewals, about the coaches, team or LUWN. Only accountants tend to match my obsession with counting things. Somehow the critics don't realize what a minority they are.