MMA

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Spladle1989

Re: MMA

Post by Spladle1989 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:54 am

drd5748 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:38 pm Go ahead - tell us one thing that was incorrect about the summary.

First, you over-react -way over the top - because you dislike Rich; then you admit you essentially agree with him
Now you're tired of getting along with me, so you try putting me down. Again.
Welcome back, Kotter .. but which Kotter are you?
Well for one you are assuming Legger had only one beef, not just the beef he listed which was his “classic” example….also they may be “generalizations” to you but they are pretty much facts to those stating them…. You see them as generalizations because that fits your view……also the “misinterpretation” as has been written earlier was poorly stated and pretty much no one read it the way it was “supposedly” intended…..if it was truly intended that way…Also I never said i disagreed with his conclusion just that i flat out disagreed with the way he got to that conclusion….rEaDInG ComPReHeNSioN iS HaRD……but yeah, terrific summary….

As for getting along with you, it’s never about that, whenever you’re being an arrogant twit or a white knight on his horse I’ll make sure to call you out on it, when you’re not I won’t….but damn someone told me Darryl Burley specifically mentioned you and Gimp, are you aware of that?

Oracle

Post by Oracle » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:16 am

Spladle: It's all good. But you are not on the winning side of your attempts to embarrass Denny over being mentioned by Darryl Burley. IMO you took Denny's comments out of context....he was flattered to have been mentioned and rightfully so. Sharing that kind of compliment was a source of pride, nothing more.

Denny Diehl LU '70 and Gary 'Gimp' Brownell LU '72 have served Lehigh wrestling for almost 50 years in one capacity or another. Any recognition they receive is well-deserved whether they bring it up or not. IMO.

You have uncommon wrestling insight and are a wonderful addition to this board in terms of your wrestling analysis. I look forward to hearing from you more once the actual wrestling starts.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:10 am

Oracle wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:16 am Sharing that kind of compliment was a source of pride, nothing more.

This. Exactly.

And I well know who they are and what their "credentials" are, I also know both like to talk and act as the end all be all of answers when it comes to Lehigh wrestling and wrestling in general..... I also know they always speak from a "P.R. statistical side" of wrestling knowledge not the actual wrestling side of wrestling knowledge.....two different animals, sure great supporters of Lehigh wrestling no doubt, but shouldn't speak of which they have little clue like they are savants on a forum which sometimes is actually about wrestling, the actual on the mat wrestling side.....Do you see me pontificating over who last had 3 consecutive pins in duals prior to 1949? Or what year did Lehigh go 10-2 in duals prior to the Vietnam war? Or who was the last Lehigh wrestler to place 6th at Nationals without scoring more than 4 points in a match?

Stay in your lane.......
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:13 pm

Let's say everything you posted is true. And I'm not saying it's all true....... why take it on? Why not allow them to be who they are? There are more folks on this forum who enjoy those old stats than you think -- you are in the minority my friend (and I don't say that in a patronizing way)

Plenty of posters here are big mouths. If we stopped each time to take them on, we would never get back to the wrestling. Your comments: "P.R. statistical side" of wrestling knowledge not the actual wrestling side of wrestling knowledge.....two different animals" are accurate -- something I have railed against for years to absolutely no avail. Whenever I post the actual wrestling side, I rarely get a comment.....mostly comments about tickets, parking, cheese steaks, or some other such nonsense. It doesn't keep me from trying.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:44 pm

I knew I'd get the predictable over-reaction but succeeded even beyond my wildest dreams. Take your pick: who acted as a prick; who re-acted as one? Probably best to call it a tie, but fewest words often wins
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:02 pm

pathetic
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:51 pm

Oracle wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:13 pm Let's say everything you posted is true. And I'm not saying it's all true....... why take it on? Why not allow them to be who they are? There are more folks on this forum who enjoy those old stats than you think -- you are in the minority my friend (and I don't say that in a patronizing way)

Plenty of posters here are big mouths. If we stopped each time to take them on, we would never get back to the wrestling. Your comments: "P.R. statistical side" of wrestling knowledge not the actual wrestling side of wrestling knowledge.....two different animals" are accurate -- something I have railed against for years to absolutely no avail. Whenever I post the actual wrestling side, I rarely get a comment.....mostly comments about tickets, parking, cheese steaks, or some other such nonsense. It doesn't keep me from trying.
Thank you for living up to my recent characterization of you as someone who makes something of a habit of criticism of other people's postings. At least the "nonsense" questions and comments about wrestling tickets, parking for a particular away dual and where to get a good cheesesteak in the Bethlehem area are incidental to the LU wrestling season. Unlike, for example, your recent comments on a baseball player and MMA.

Have pity on us ordinary folk who are loyal fans but aren't great like you when it comes to "the actual wrestling side".

Several years ago - on the prior forum - I described you as the biggest blowhard and bully on the forum. Some things never change.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:27 pm

>>>Have pity on us ordinary folk who are loyal fans but aren't great like you when it comes to "the actual wrestling folk side

...Oracle has lived/worked in VT for at least 30+ years; you could help a lot living within 2 hrs of campus
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:17 pm

drd5748 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:27 pm >>>Have pity on us ordinary folk who are loyal fans but aren't great like you when it comes to "the actual wrestling folk side

...Oracle has lived/worked in VT for at least 30+ years; you could help a lot living within 2 hrs of campus
Predictable attempted defense of one of the fellow "in crowd" which ignores the issues raised. But nice try.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:46 am

whiz wit: Well, it's pretty obvious there is a chip on your shoulder and you are making it your business to parse every little thing I post. I'll let others on this board decide if my reply to Spladle was "criticism" -- maybe Spladle can tell us.

I don't know you and have nothing against you. Opinions posted are mine and I don't apologize for them. On we go.