Tate Samuelson

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
whiz wit

Tate Samuelson

Post by whiz wit » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:44 am

A facebook posting by Tate's mom:

"Lori Haugland Prideaux
May 27 ·
I’m excited to share that my son Tate Samuelson will be using his 5th and final year of D1 wrestling eligibility while working on his Masters Degree in Technical Entrepreneurship at Lehigh University in Pennsylvania. Tate was honored and humbled at the 30+ programs that reached out to him regarding his grad transfer- including numerous top 12 ranked teams. After much thought and consideration- Lehigh is where he’ll write his next chapter. Lehigh is known for its rigorous acedemic standards and being 8th overall in the NCAA for its number of wrestling All Americans!"

Oracle

Re: Tate Samuelson

Post by Oracle » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:48 pm

Very nicely written by a proud mother.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:21 pm

And a terrific 'find' by whiz wit, cloaked by a different married name. Good stuff.

I had a chance to meet Samuelson on campus and he seemed like a great guy, an excellent fit to the roster. Seems quite enthusiastic about broadening his horizons. Did he go far from home to college in Laramie, WY? (entire state pop: 580k).

Not exactly: draw a straight line along I-25: CastleRock (pop: which is 40 mi N of Colo Springs) N just 30 mi to Denver ... 30 more to Boulder ...45 to Fort Collins then another 65 to Laramie (pop: 32k) .... so college (enrollment 12,600) was just about 160 mi from home. That he found us with all those options is doubly impressive - and landing him and Mike Beard same yr triply impressive re our recruiting
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:12 pm

As an aside, always thought Cowboys to be a great nickname if it was authentic. Dallas Cowboys? No those are fake cowboys. Wyoming Cowboys? Now those seem like real damn cowboys. Somebody check this man’s closet for some Larry Mahan’s.