Aaron Judge

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Oracle

Re: Aaron Judge

Post by Oracle » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:22 pm

DF2002 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:13 pm
Oracle wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:21 pm Well said. Except, this isn't the LU football forum.
I think you get the larger point, yes? Your criticism wasn’t that he shouldn’t post his criticism on the wrestling board… it’s that he shouldn’t post it at all.

Semantics aside, my point stands.
>>>>> Not exactly. I don't care what anyone posts and would never censor anyone's right to post their thoughts and opinions. But you can't have it both ways --- others are free to question those thoughts and opinions without being called out for it. Several posters on this forum only want it 'their way.'

A side note: it is reprehensible to ridicule someone for sharing memories that are important to them.

DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:50 pm

Oracle wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:22 pm
DF2002 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:13 pm
Oracle wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:21 pm Well said. Except, this isn't the LU football forum.
I think you get the larger point, yes? Your criticism wasn’t that he shouldn’t post his criticism on the wrestling board… it’s that he shouldn’t post it at all.

Semantics aside, my point stands.
>>>>> Not exactly. I don't care what anyone posts and would never censor anyone's right to post their thoughts and opinions. But you can't have it both ways --- others are free to question those thoughts and opinions without being called out for it. Several posters on this forum only want it 'their way.'

A side note: it is reprehensible to ridicule someone for sharing memories that are important to them.
You obviously do care because you’ve posted responses disapproving of comments people have made including telling MH why his negativity doesn’t belong on this board. Don’t pretend otherwise. I don’t think MH’s negativity is out of bounds here. I don’t think your response was either. I just didn’t agree with it and saying “this isn’t a football forum” was a weak response. Yeah, the thread was misplaced. Big effing deal. Didn’t bother you when DRD or others responded to the same thread in the same place.

I’m not asking to have it both ways. Not really sure why think I am. It’s not whether someone agrees or not…. Not my issue. Of course you already know what I mean because we exchanged DM’s about it earlier today. In short, I think you understand the distinction I made today and you’re pretending not to. That’s fine but I’m calling bullshit.

I don’t even know how to respond to this idea that anyone was ridiculing a memory. MH was fairly clear about why he reacted the way he did and it certainly wasn’t to ridicule a memory. At least that wasn’t my read- then or now. Maybe I’m wrong about that but I don’t think so.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:51 pm

Of course you’re not wrong on this. If the cheerleader crowd on here doesn’t get it then not much can be done. ‘oracle’ a complete misnomer. Life goes on.
The football coach should be fired. The AD as well if he doesn’t handle it. Also, I hope Aaron Judge reads this thread and decides there’s no way he’ll re-sign with the Yankees.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:02 am

DF: Nice to see you get the point/counterpoint thing. And I agree, it's ok to disagree as you did with my position. No problem here. What is disappointing is a guy like MH who always has to belittle to make his point and cannot take anyone challenging his posts. Ok, I now understand.

There is too much to be excited about with this year's team to argue amongst ourselves. A friend of mine, a Lehigh grad class of '69, who went on to become one of the leading trial lawyers in Boston liked to say: "There's always someone who thinks you're an a$$hole."
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:29 am

People can challenge MH’s posts. People can then have their challenges - and any ridiculous counterpoints they claim in them - rechallenged.
In the end you Lehigh cheerleaders get your diapers in a twist anytime someone says anything negative about the school, the football coach, the wrestling program, or anything else about the once great institution on South Mountain.
Your last resort is to start twisting around facts so that you can walk away from the argument feeling better about yourselves when really all you want is to squash dissenting opinion no matter what you say about “the healthy give and take”.
You can walk away from this knowing MH fully agrees with your last line. Feel better? Hope so.
DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:15 pm

Oracle wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:02 am DF: Nice to see you get the point/counterpoint thing. And I agree, it's ok to disagree as you did with my position. No problem here. What is disappointing is a guy like MH who always has to belittle to make his point and cannot take anyone challenging his posts. Ok, I now understand.

There is too much to be excited about with this year's team to argue amongst ourselves. A friend of mine, a Lehigh grad class of '69, who went on to become one of the leading trial lawyers in Boston liked to say: "There's always someone who thinks you're an a$$hole."

Great quote! And true. I certainly have my fair share of, ahem, “fans”. I’ve earned more than a few too.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:19 pm

Justin Verlander news:

mookie

Post by mookie » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:31 am

Jeter's been tapping that for years.