Aaron Judge

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Mountain Hawk

Re: Aaron Judge

Post by Mountain Hawk » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:19 am

Oracle wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:20 am
Taking shots, as a fan of a particular program, has always baffled me. Maybe people don't see how it comes across? We all know things aren't perfect....with wrestling and especially football, but why the need to go public? Contact the AD or the President, or a Trustee if it bothers one that much. Why take it here? Does anyone believe posting negative comments (even if the truth) will effect change? I don't.

Oxymoron: "constructive criticism" --- if it's criticism, it's destructive. There's always a better way to tell your story.
Done all that and also have voted with my checkbook 100% excepting the wrestling program which I believe is run by high quality people turning out high quality athletes and high quality people on the other end.

Now, as to your premise that if it's criticism, it's destructive, well that's just completely ridiculous. If you want to start your own rose colored glasses board and moderate it so that no criticism is allowed - well its a free country. Have fun there. Actually I think that's been tried.

Sometimes criticism, harsh but fair, is the only thing that does affect change. Sometimes it points out weaknesses and inadequacies that need fixing. Sometimes the emails to the AD go unanswered (the case here) and a larger hue and cry needs to go out until finally the voices of dissent are heard. Let the AD come here see how people feel about the football coach. Let the President come here and see how people feel about the whole thing.

This isn't a rose colored glasses board. Its an opinion board where free speech is welcomed and should be encouraged. That you or drd or anyone else want to filter it because you don't agree - well welcome to America my friend.

Oracle

Post by Oracle » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:40 am

MH: Your response to *my* opinion is over the top. Where did I say I wanted to filter anyone or anything?

BTW, everything you cited about criticism is well-stated, but I disagree this is the place for it.

My father always taught me: "Compliment in public, criticize in private."
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:43 am

Oracle wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:40 am MH: Your response to *my* opinion is over the top. Where did I say I wanted to filter anyone or anything?

BTW, everything you cited about criticism is well-stated, but I disagree this is the place for it.

My father was all about getting results.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:59 am

Yes, you make that quite evident.
DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:27 pm

Oracle wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:40 am MH: Your response to *my* opinion is over the top. Where did I say I wanted to filter anyone or anything?

In fairness… many people have tried to complain privately to Joe S and never had their email or call even acknowledged let alone get a real response.

It’s not unfair of them to voice their criticism and concerns on a forum when its very purpose to provide an environment to have real conversations about issues that matter to the members.

Sounds like your father was a wise man… it’s advice I’ll take to heart and follow… but I also think there are exceptions to it. You don’t and that’s fine. I think reasonable people would respect it. But at the same time, I don’t think MH is steeping out of bounds either. Not when talking about a college football coach on a forum dedicated to that purpose.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:21 pm

Well said. Except, this isn't the LU football forum.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:38 pm

So negative talk about the football coach should not appear in the Aaron Judge thread on the wrestling page.

Transgression noted.
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:40 pm

DF2002 post wrote: In fairness… people would respect it. But at the same time, I don’t think MH is steeping out of bounds either. Not when talking about a college football coach on a forum dedicated to that purpose.
to DF2002...

Steeping: Image

Stepping: Image
... not that it matters much, but what the hey? :P
D3
Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:13 pm

Oracle wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:21 pm Well said. Except, this isn't the LU football forum.
I think you get the larger point, yes? Your criticism wasn’t that he shouldn’t post his criticism on the wrestling board… it’s that he shouldn’t post it at all.

Semantics aside, my point stands.
DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:13 pm

D3 for LU wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:40 pm
DF2002 post wrote: In fairness… people would respect it. But at the same time, I don’t think MH is steeping out of bounds either. Not when talking about a college football coach on a forum dedicated to that purpose.
to DF2002...

Steeping: Image

Stepping: Image
... not that it matters much, but what the hey? :P
D3
Hahahaha. Well played!