Journeyman individual

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
DF2002

Re: Journeyman individual

Post by DF2002 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:34 am

drd5748 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:27 am A reasonable question: how can someone 400 mi away judge a wrestler's gas tank while denying the right of someone who's been in the Room 3x the last 3 wks?

Would that someone also denigrate my relationship with John Harmon, i.e, I can quote him but that doesn't mean he's a friend? Did u ever pick him up at train stations 5x for road trips? Ride w/him to Ed Peery's funeral? Been to John's home in NJ? Go Bills
DRD- you don’t have the physically present to make that judgement because you can watch these matches on TV. You don’t need to be physically present to see a wrestler breathing with their stomach, slowing down, etc. HD TV is more than sufficient to see those markers.

PS- your friendships (good for you) aren’t relevant to the conversation nor do they make you uniquely qualified to comment on anything other than the relationship itself and the personal details about your friend. Neither of those are at issue here. So spare us the insufferable name dropping.

Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:09 pm

Did I tell my Joe Willy Namath story here?
Oh I have?
Ok well that's all I got.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:40 pm

>>>you don’t have the physically present to make that judgement because you can watch these matches on TV. You don’t need to be physically present to see a wrestler breathing with their stomach, slowing down, etc.

Duhh, no kidding. Gimme a break; i was addressing some clown's statement that he had no more reason to run out of gas

>>PS- your friendships (good for you) aren’t relevant to the conversation nor do they make you uniquely qualified to comment on anything other than the relationship itself and the personal details about your friend. Neither of those are at issue here>>

You're not the one who had the relationship questioned - as if quoting him means nothing as to the real relationship ; stick to your own game
DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:42 pm

drd5748 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:40 pm >>>you don’t have the physically present to make that judgement because you can watch these matches on TV. You don’t need to be physically present to see a wrestler breathing with their stomach, slowing down, etc.

Duhh, no kidding. Gimme a break; i was addressing some clown's statement that he had no more reason to run out of gas

>>PS- your friendships (good for you) aren’t relevant to the conversation nor do they make you uniquely qualified to comment on anything other than the relationship itself and the personal details about your friend. Neither of those are at issue here>>

You're not the one who had the relationship questioned - as if quoting him means nothing as to the real relationship ; stick to your own game

Give me a break. Seriously, get over yourself.
DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:49 pm

Mountain Hawk wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:09 pm Did I tell my Joe Willy Namath story here?
Oh I have?
Ok well that's all I got.
While we’re on the subject of irrelevant meetings/ relationships, I’ve met a few Gov’s; senators; the entire NJ state legislative delegation; etc. One even attended my overseas wedding.

But God help you if you differ from me in your political opinions or question my personal relationship to some of them. Because they are relevant… somehow… I’ll figure it out how later… but trust me.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:56 pm

My son just ran for Gov in MA after U.S. Senate, so I respect your political connections. You seem too new on this Forum to realize the very serious issues Spladle and I have here. Based on your reply I'll bet you'd definitely resent anyone mocking your professional career as he routinely (ahem) does. I have no issues with you
DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:13 pm

drd5748 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:56 pm My son just ran for Gov in MA after U.S. Senate, so I respect your political connections. You seem too new on this Forum to realize the very serious issues Spladle and I have here. Based on your reply I'll bet you'd definitely resent anyone mocking your professional career as he routinely (ahem) does. I have no issues with you
Funny enough when I saw the name, I wondered if there was a familial connection. The name is uncommon enough to be possible… obviously.

I’m new-ish. And I know you and Spladle have your issues. But everyone else here is also living with them now. Maybe better to have these fights over DM as Mookie and I did (which ended quite well actually. Mookie- if you read this, I still owe you that beer).

Anyway, I honestly couldn’t give a damn who questions my relationships with anyone because the truth is what it is regardless of what they think about it. And whether they respect them or not, it’s just not relevant to my or their opinion of political matters.

Similarly, your relationships are what they are. And I sincerely hope they are all as meaningful to you and them as they seem to be. You’ve been fortunate to build those bonds over many years with serious and reputable names in a sport we love. I’m envious truthfully. In a good way.

BUT THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR OR ANYONE ELSE’s OPINIONS ON WRESTLING or LEHIGH OR ANYTHING ELSE. Passing them off as such, or dismissing others because they don’t, is what stokes the ire of some, including me.

Maybe that’s not what you intend but it very often comes across that way.

Ok, I’ve said my peace about it (again).

I hope your son won. Party aside and also because I’ve since retired from “the game” with the exception of helping personal friends.

I hope your friendships continue to be a source of pride and meaning for you.

Totally sincere about both.

But I also don’t need to be reminded every time I or someone else disagrees with you or offers and opinion.
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:00 pm

>>>>>>>>And now back to our originally scheduled program———discussing Lehigh wrestling.

Kudos and thanks to our new President for opening the door wider for transfers—— and thanks to Gimp for the info.

Cael brings in transfers and it’s far from an indictment that he doesn’t do a good job of developing talent——- same applies to Santoro.

One takeaway from the first 4 duals, imo, is that Lehigh once again has a good shot at 9-10 Qualifiers——-which is high hurdle for most programs.

Not every starter has the talent/athleticism/muscle to reach the NCAA podium, but becoming a Qualifier is a significant accomplishment that many fans overlook in their quest for AAs and Nat’l champs.

On a side note, if Hines injury sets him back a few weeks, who goes 141? Might we see Crookham make his debut in a nothing to lose match vs a top Pitt guy?

It’s a great time to be a Lehigh wrestling fan.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:27 pm

On a side note if you type into google your month and day of birth and the name of a fairly new poster, Google will change the words Floridaguy to Florida man, and we ll know the fun that happens,

but back to wrestling. No Malyke means either Steven Storm, or 4 FY: Crookham (up a weight) or Leia or Reinsel or Griffin, all First year. In any case, there are only four Dates Remaining first semester, so it would not effect any of those 4 true frosh's eligibility.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:42 pm

As I previously posted, Storm wrestled at 149 at the Princeton Open the weekend before last and last season - although at the former it didn't look to me that he was a "full" 149. And I wouldn't think that Crookham - even if healthy - would be thrown in against Pitt's #1 ranked kid at 141. He's supposedly going at 133 and, based upon what I saw of him standing in line right behind him at The Goose on Saturday morning (and btw, their Swizzle is a terrific sandwich), that's his weight. He was with Reinsel, among others, and Reinsel looks to be a true 141. If I had to guess, if not Hines against Pitt it will be Reinsel - who had a better Princeton Open than Leia.