LU v Pitt

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
D3 for LU

Re: LU v Pitt

Post by D3 for LU » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:37 pm

mh1 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:34 pmEye of the Chipmunk
wh-wh-what?!? :|
D3

Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:37 pm

ya gotta be kiddin' me! :evil:
Last edited by 1/2NELSON on Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:40 pm

Upperweights 0-5 and none even close. Pathetic.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:42 pm

Old-fashioned can of whoop ass, no questions about it - each program has done it to the other; last yr's butt kicking of UP was even more devastating. Guess I should be glad I couldn't get the video, I guess (except for nice wins), while nursing 1 of my worst bouts with the flu in a long time. Got it sitting in 2 crowds last weekend.

As Spladle adroitly pointed out last week: "we have 3 guys considered high ranked and 2 are transfers" asking for significance of what that might means. Two lost vs Pitt, so i guess it means back to the grindstone for the team, which does all the heavy lifting. Best to count assets 1-by-1; surprising McGonagle, plus newbies Brigs & Bailey count for plenty. It's not how hard you fall, it's how you get back up.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:44 pm

It wasn’t just that they lost but the way they lost…. None of the last 5 were even in the match…. Except maybe Samuelson when he realized he was down by 5 or so with a minute left….

The opposition should not have been THAT much better…. Like I said before, should not be a fun ride home….if you watched last nites Pitt match against Maryland you would have guessed Engineers by at least 10…..
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:19 pm

Well, what a wonderful weekend this has become :shock:
HFO

Post by HFO » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:30 pm

JAD77 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:28 pm Taylor getting whupped by someone 50 lbs lighter than him.
Next week he gets to face Gage every day. Taylor might be big, but it is apparent that a strong, athletic wrestler can out maneuver him. It has been about three years, but Mr. Garcia was about as good at you can be as high school senior wrestler. He was DOMINATING. Athletic, speed, strong and technique. Don't think Taylor will able to hand with him once Gage gets his wrestling lungs.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:41 pm

ngineer wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:19 pm Well, what a wonderful weekend this has become :shock:
I assume you are referencing Lehigh losing the “Bottom of the Barrell Bowl” also? As a former Lehigh football follower, though not ardent fan, I have to admit after the last few years don’t even look for the scores on sunday anymore…. When they killed the tailgates and killed the fun of going I lost interest, used to make the trip back at least once a year pairing with a Lehigh dual or would see them at UB or travel “locally” to see them play at Cornell or Colgate…. Don’t even look when they are playing anymore….

Always try to get back to Bethlehem once a year, targeting Army dual this year, then hopefully EIWA’s in Philly…. It’s been easy last few years going to EIWA’s in Binghamton and Ithaca…
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:06 pm

If we're the knowledgeable fans we claim to be, we take our lumps, in addition to clumps of sugar as needed

Last yr a #30 LU team beat Pitt 26-9 with 3 bonus wins vs just one yielded to Pitt today.
But we never care how the other team feels, right?
In '16, '17, '18 we won by 20, 20, 15

We lost by 10 pts today, whiz whit compares it to Pearl Harbor
It sucked, deal with it and move on. They beat us by 15 in 2021 at Pitt
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:15 pm

What of all of that really matters Denny?

Different teams , different expectations and no I don’t really care how the other team feels….why exactly should I? Wrestling is at heart an individual sport but McGonagle, Humphreys, Brignola and Reinsel, all of course would never say it or admit it but I’m sure are thinking … what the hell?

Last year, 5 years ago, back in 1975 do not matter…. This team, this time, now…. Was a major egg laying no matter how you try to gloss it……

You’ll just amp up your blather now but that is the truth….and when you realize that (probably won’t happen) , you’ll realize that all your drama makes that clearer instead of cloaking it….and some day you’ll realize that the days of Lehigh is the best no matter what are over for the newer generation of “realistic” fans, blind belief in anything your program does is over, much like blind belief in the govt or big business…..the new/fairly new fan in any sport is realistic and expects their program to be straight forward with them and see everything more as they actually are not what they were in a different decade…. Do you want those fans or do you want Lehigh Wrestling to just appeal to the 65 or over set? ….I’m kind of age wise in the middle but I know I want Lehigh Wrestling to stay relevant and i know how your kind of nonsensical historical referencing is received…….this is an honest, straight forward appeal to you to understand current situation , it is not an attack or slander….but go ahead we all expect it
Last edited by Spladle1989 on Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.