Penn State

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Mountain Hawk

Penn State

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:53 am

Like 125 and want to really see how we fight at 149, 165, and 197. Be a good day to come away with 3 wins. A great one with more than that assuming PSU mats all their guns. The #1 parade in the upper weights is a tough road.

mookie

Re: Penn State

Post by mookie » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:27 am

Hide your women and children. Hide them well or else PSU will get them. Cael’s coming to get them. Stay inside in the peace! Don’t even bother calling the police!
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:42 pm

We must become the agressors instead of the hunted as we were last night at Pitt.

That was a pathetic performance by everyone above 157. Perhaps they missed the getting fired up speech because there was no intermission break?
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:09 pm

Pathetic def: arousing pity, especially through vulnerability or sadness.
"he looked so pathetic that I bent down to comfort him"

Sure seems a tad strong for the top choice among critics
Maybe we could try some of the synonyms?
----------------------------------------------------
pitiful....distressing....disturbing....
upsetting....miserable....agonizing.....
sad....wretched....feeble....woeful....
sorry....poor....pitiful......deplorable....
miserable....wretched....despicable....
inadequate....meager...,
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:20 pm

DRD wrote above in part:

"Pathetic def: arousing pity, especially through vulnerability or sadness.
'he looked so pathetic that I bent down to comfort him"'

Why stop there? Alternate def's:

"Miserably inadequate"
"Of very low standard"
"Painfully inferior or inadequate"
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:51 pm

Fair enough. If you'll explain your whine that none of the last 5 bouts were close.

Samuelson lost, 7-6, on a late escape. I'd bet if you and he chatted about it, you'd agree it was close

Show of hands: how many bd participants have spoken to anyone on the roster? I know of at least 4 (gimp, GPaul, tomh, me + probably mookie). Just curious, since there's no way the wrestlers can become anonymous like most of us. Wait ! Maybe a new HIPAA interpretation can disguise all names & faces, which can never be shown again ... crazy, but ANYthing's possible today! Online fans present could see their faces; hell, maybe not - just use masks. Fans could root for -- and routinely abuse to the Nth -- the equivalent of holographs. No anonymous athlete would care, right !?

Stupid suggestion, sure -- maybe even pathetic - but it makes about as much sense as a totally unmoderated forum, with mostly anonymous "contributors"
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:59 pm

Samuelson match was not close. Watch it, instead of reading it and you might understand, he is 100% correct none were close…. Not even that one…..trying to nitpick his point based on the 1 of only 5 matches you could even begin to attempt to is the definition of pathetic…..and wrong
ASU

Post by ASU » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:27 pm

drd5748 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:51 pm ... but it makes about as much sense as a totally unmoderated forum, with mostly anonymous "contributors"
Yet, you are still here.
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:35 pm

Can’t believe Drd wordsmithing to divert attention from the issue which was a team that were overmatched badly in the last 5 matches.

Samuelson score was close but he was outgunned by someone ranked 10 spots higher who should not have won that match on paper no matter what the final score.

It seems to me that Burkhardt would be more aggressive & might represent us better at 184.
legger

Post by legger » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:57 pm

drd5748 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:51 pm
Show of hands: how many bd participants have spoken to anyone on the roster? I know of at least 4 (gimp, GPaul, tomh, me + probably mookie). Just curious, since there's no way the wrestlers can become anonymous like most of us. Wait ! Maybe a new HIPAA interpretation can disguise all names & faces, which can never be shown again ... crazy, but ANYthing's possible today! Online fans present could see their faces; hell, maybe not - just use masks. Fans could root for -- and routinely abuse to the Nth -- the equivalent of holographs. No anonymous athlete would care
**** I have only been in the room and spoken with our wrestlers 5 or 6 times in the last 5 years due to living in NC, however I used to be a regular there. You can ask Gimp, Coach Pat, Coach Brad or my previous neighbor Coach Zac. I have posted my name many times on this and the previous board. Regarding posting my face: I am told I have a face made for radio. Thanks, Bob Weaver (Legger), Morrisville, NC, previous of Bath, Northampton, Nazareth, Emmaus and Allentown PA.