Penn State

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Mountain Hawk

Re: Penn State

Post by Mountain Hawk » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:07 am

legger

Post by legger » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:56 am

**** Denny and Spadle: if you both plan on attending the EIWAs, why not try to arrange an in person meeting. I find that meeting face to face often lessens the animosity of on line "discussions". Hopefully you both would be man enough to restrain yourselves. Give it a go, it cannot hurt. If these diatribes on both sides continue, they just end up being boring and a waste of time for the rest of us.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:58 am

legger wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:56 am **** Denny and Spadle: if you both plan on attending the EIWAs, why not try to arrange an in person meeting. I find that meeting face to face often lessens the animosity of on line "discussions". Hopefully you both would be man enough to restrain yourselves. Give it a go, it cannot hurt. If these diatribes on both sides continue, they just end up being boring and a waste of time for the rest of us.
Does Spladle actually attend meets?
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:25 am

I go to Lehigh wrestling duals and tournaments, not exactly sure what a meet is......

Was at 2 of the last 4 EIWA's (Binghamton and Cornell), and I think 5 (maybe 6?) Lehigh duals in the last 5 years, which is pretty good coming from the WNY area with a "pandemic"going on the last couple years......

As for meeting Denny, I walked up and stood right next to him with my son at the upper rail at Binghamton EIWA's (rail between the upper and lower seating), was going to introduce myself but didn't want to interrupt his screaming at the ref like an overzealous helicopter wrestling parent (most of the stuff he was yelling was wrong by the way)....after about 5 minutes of listening to that I decided I was really not all that interested in making his acquaintance.....and nothing on here has changed that......Different view points on what a forum is and what "respect" for a program is for sure, don't think meeting him will change that.....

If you read back thru posts you will see nothing I wrote was in anyway incorrect and when it was I owned up to it (Like Beard's match against Dean), also I don't usually "go off" on him till he starts his white horse nonsense ....it is unbearable, you all have had 40 years or so to get used to the nonsense, maybe he'll wear me down to in another how ever many years, but I doubt it.......
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:47 am

>>>if you read back thru posts you will see nothing I wrote was in anyway incorrect and when it was I owned up to it

... so which was it - nothing or not?

>>> also I don't usually "go off" on him till he starts his white horse nonsense ....

... which isn't part of free speech, ya' all know

>>>it is unbearable, you all have had 40 years or so to get used to the nonsense, maybe he'll wear me down

...and mtnhawk thinks i should meet Lou Ferrignamo, who at least didn't speak after erupting ? He passed the 1st chance; I'd pass the next one; no reason
p.s.Nat Mat News was co-founded in '75 w/Bill White '74, ms Ohio St Journalism
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:11 am

I sat next to Denny most of the Binghamton EIWA. I had to run to my car for a "med" when hen he had a bad reaction to something. I guess that is when S89 passed up a chance to talk to him.

OK, whenever LU has a meet (of either type) is in central New York State, you show up. Maybe we should have a dual at U of Buffalo every year that we are not at Cornell, so you cold pretend to be a fan.

If you are never in Bethlehem you really can't judge much about fans
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:25 am

Rich: "If you are never in Bethlehem you really can't judge much about fans"

>>>>>>>>> I don't know about that.

IMO Spladdle is a good fan and knowledgeable. His beef with Denny is merely a personality conflict -- it happens. And these days it happens easier online than in person.

With FLO video, it's easier to have qualified opinions -- far superior to looking at a box score....as one can see what happened. I watch a ton of matches and been around for a long time so it's not hard to have definite opinions.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:30 am

Come on Rich, try to be be better than that......

all the duals I've attended have been at Lehigh in Grace (except Rutgers dual but that was like 10 years ago at Stabler, didn't include that in my 5 or 6), only away dual I've been to in last few years was at Bucknell (place was an absolute ghost town), was on way to Bethlehem to see one of my fraternity brother's band play a reunion gig at The Funhouse........

Besides all that I've had 3 kids going thru college the last 9 years, so weekend trips tend to lean heavily towards seeing them versus travelling to Lehigh.......My youngest finally graduates this May........Geez, I guess I'm just not a true fan choosing them over Lehigh wrestling.......

We are judgy though aren't we?
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:41 am

Sorry O. S89's remark that PSU fans would outnumber LU's at Stabler was not the remark of a serious Lehigh Wrestling fan.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:53 am

Really?

It was an opinion. I kinda thought the same thing -- just didn't post it. But certainly not out of line unless we are here to parse every little thing. Are we?

In the end, I'm glad LU fans outnumbered PSU fans. However.....at Rec hall, PSU gives a small number of tickets to opponents. They sell out to their fan base. That's no longer true at Lehigh where Grace Hall no longer sells out. There was every reason to believe PSU might have out numbered us.