Penn State

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Spladle1989

Re: Penn State

Post by Spladle1989 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:50 pm

Have been in the room 3 times in the last 5 years, have talked to now Coach Ray and Coach Dillon on multiple occasions (as have my sons) as well as a bunch of different wrestlers…..am on the athletic donor “honor roll” and none of that makes me better than someone who hasn’t had that good fortune, or made a donation……..none of that makes my opinion or their opinion any different…..and all should be free to share, whether I agree with them or not……Unless they act like their opinion means more because they are somebody special, then all bets are off….

Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:58 am

drd5748 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:51 pm Fair enough. If you'll explain your whine that none of the last 5 bouts were close.

Samuelson lost, 7-6, on a late escape. I'd bet if you and he chatted about it, you'd agree it was close

Show of hands: how many bd participants have spoken to anyone on the roster? I know of at least 4 (gimp, GPaul, tomh, me + probably mookie). Just curious, since there's no way the wrestlers can become anonymous like most of us. Wait ! Maybe a new HIPAA interpretation can disguise all names & faces, which can never be shown again ... crazy, but ANYthing's possible today! Online fans present could see their faces; hell, maybe not - just use masks. Fans could root for -- and routinely abuse to the Nth -- the equivalent of holographs. No anonymous athlete would care, right !?

Stupid suggestion, sure -- maybe even pathetic - but it makes about as much sense as a totally unmoderated forum, with mostly anonymous "contributors"
How many times are you going to complain about the format of this board until you leave it for good? Get over it or move on to another board more suited to your liking.
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:57 am

legger wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:57 pm **** I have only been in the room and spoken with our wrestlers 5 or 6 times in the last 5 years due to living in NC, however I used to be a regular there. You can ask Gimp, Coach Pat, Coach Brad or my previous neighbor Coach Zac. I have posted my name many times on this and the previous board. Regarding posting my face: I am told I have a face made for radio. Thanks, Bob Weaver (Legger), Morrisville, NC, previous of Bath, Northampton, Nazareth, Emmaus and Allentown PA.
Aww, come on, leggs! :P
I've been around you, and the above description is no where close!

You're a lot better looking than this guy below...

Women were climbing over their seats in Stabler at the EIWA's to talk to you!!!
(I had to restrain them , saying "Sorry ladies, he's taken... the Lady at Home wouldn't cotton to your advances! ;) )
Yeah! It really happened... I swear on my EIWA program it did! ;) :lol: ;) :lol: ;)

cheers, good buddy! :D
D3
Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
legger

Post by legger » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:30 am

D3 for LU wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:57 am
legger wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:57 pm **** I have only been in the room and spoken with our wrestlers 5 or 6 times in the last 5 years due to living in NC, however I used to be a regular there. You can ask Gimp, Coach Pat, Coach Brad or my previous neighbor Coach Zac. I have posted my name many times on this and the previous board. Regarding posting my face: I am told I have a face made for radio. Thanks, Bob Weaver (Legger), Morrisville, NC, previous of Bath, Northampton, Nazareth, Emmaus and Allentown PA.
Aww, come on, leggs! :P
I've been around you, and the above description is no where close!

You're a lot better looking than this guy below...

Women were climbing over their seats in Stabler at the EIWA's to talk to you!!!
(I had to restrain them , saying "Sorry ladies, he's taken... the Lady at Home wouldn't cotton to your advances! ;) )
Yeah! It really happened... I swear on my EIWA program it did! ;) :lol: ;) :lol: ;)

cheers, good buddy! :D
D3
**** Yeah D3 Buddy, it is indeed a curse. So Many Women, So Little Time.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:40 am

Lehigh needs the extra week to regroup after the Pitt Debacle. Gotta give coach Gavin credit -- his guys were ready to wrestle and LU wasn't. Like coach Leeman would say: "Let's see who's the doberman and who's the poodle."
I was surprised by the result at 197. Nino hasn't been spectacular since his runner-up finish (Covid year) yet he re-established himself with the big win against Beard, who IMO is really good.

Leigh has a shot at 125, 141, 149, 157, and 197.....some are longer shots than others :)

No matter how many times it's said, few posters heed the fact it's only mid-November. This training cycle is the toughest. By the time the EIWA schedule kicks in, we'll have a better handle. Good coaches will use the entire season to develop momentum. Having ASU at the tail end is also a good thing.

Not every outing is life and death, nor is it cause for alarm. Somewhere between those who critique and Denny is reality. Lehigh has a nice, developing squad.

Headed over to UNC practice at 2:30. They got shellacked by Ohio State yesterday 33-9. I'm wearing a Carolina blue polo instead of my Ohio State Wrestling t-shirt. :o
mookie

Post by mookie » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:06 am

Lehigh has a nice, developing squad.

Hmm...

Early on I thought so too but the more I see them the less I like. They were woeful at Pitt, totally unprepared to wrestle and that's on the coaching staff.

Time to maximize the best talent available and put Bryant @ 165, Burkhart @ 174, and Garcia @ 285. Down low should be Bailey @125, and Reinsel @ 141.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:53 am

Oracle wrote in part above:

"No matter how many times it's said, few posters heed the fact it's only mid-November. This training cycle is the toughest. By the time the EIWA schedule kicks in, we'll have a better handle. Good coaches will use the entire season to develop momentum. Having ASU at the tail end is also a good thing."

You mean like last season when the team lost 5 of its last 6 dual meets - including to Penn, Army & Princeton and only beating Bucknell - and finished 4th in the EIWAs?
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:56 am

well, this is this year, not last year. Not sure what you’d point is.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:57 am

well, this is this year, not last year. Not sure what you’d point is.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:12 pm

Oracle wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:56 am well, this is this year, not last year. Not sure what you’d point is.
"Good coaches will use the entire season to develop momentum."

Doesn't seem like much momentum was developed last season.