NWCA Coaches Poll - 11-22

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
drd5748

Re: NWCA Coaches Poll - 11-22

Post by drd5748 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:52 am

Hey, Splay - did u know Buffalo & LU have had the 2 toughest dual starts so far?
I'll take a month or more off, for all those who can't handle stats.
have a nice Turkey Day, since we both have our NY teams to root for.

HFO

Post by HFO » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:31 pm

drd5748 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:52 am Hey, Splay - did u know Buffalo & LU have had the 2 toughest dual starts so far?
I'll take a month or more off, for all those who can't handle stats.
have a nice Turkey Day, since we both have our NY teams to root for.
I don't believe it. Christmas Eve until we hear back from drd?
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I am thankful that Lehigh never dropped wrestling. I am also thankful that I am ambulatory still.
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:07 pm

Gonna be VERY tough to crack the rarified-air of Top-Ten status with our schedule although there will be opportunities to LOCK-UP with a few teams ranked ahead of us. :shock:

Again I'm in constant amusement of the friendly :?: banter between our two most colorful "characters", drd, and spladle, whom I'll affectionately reference here as our own.. ODD COUPLE! :lol:

https://www.metv.com/lists/9-odd-but-tr ... odd-couple
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:30 pm

Post by Spladle1989 » Tue Nov 22, 2022
We only dropped 5 places from 13-18 while falling to 3-2 getting drubbed by Pitt, while unbeaten Maryland beating Pitt the nite before only rates HM (Note: they were #24) …..polls usually make more sense than that…..i would term us overrated until we prove otherwise….we’ve beaten zero ranked teams (date of this poll- yes, but OregSt was ranked 1st 3 wks)) ….. MD is undefeated and has beaten a ranked team…. Makes zero sense

by Spladle1989 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:18 pm
HFO, I agree with pretty much all you said, but that still doesnt come close to making them a top ten team….. would be thrilled if they could crack top 15…..
Intermat (Which I consider best rankings) has Lehigh unranked in top 30 tournament teams and #22 dual team and I would say that is fair….no other poster agreed

Did ANYone else on this Forum argue even once -- let alone TWICE -- that we were overrated in the last poll? The 12/4 dig was an obvious slap – especially after scoring 12 TDs (most ever LU vs Cael) with 4 bout wins vs PSU, incl an ncaa champ…. #22 is fair??? Stand back & watch the actual poll Tues

So Oracle might want to re-think his opinion about Snarky Spladle’s“just expressing opinions.”
True or False: Snarky has made more anti-LU posts than anyone except Allen Brown – who was not an LU alum. Zero controversy on this newest Allen. AB – who had a actual 1st and last name -- had the decency to leak his background - that he really didn’t like LU Wrestling (hell, neither Lehigh Athletics 20 yrs ago). An honest man who never hid, Allen bought me a beer at a Nat Duals; I turned down a 2nd one but we had a great time.

Stand back and watch "The Snarkman Dance" about his god-given to dump on our program]
Cue the Beatles, "Nowhere Man," 1965
"He's as blind as he can be
Just sees what he wants to see
Nowhere man, (can I see you) at all

"Nowhere man don't worry
Take your time, don't hurry
Leave it all 'til somebody else
Lends you a hand
Ah, la, la, la, la (Cue Snarky who'll now turn the lyrics about me, to defend himself) ... in junior year Phil 14 called this farce the "You're Another Fallacy" .... once used by phys ed staffer Joe Caprio arguing with boss, John Steckbeck: "I'm an asshole ?!? Caruso is one, too !!!"
BP-LU87

Post by BP-LU87 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:42 pm

The Walrus was Paul
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:47 pm

You are definitely more Yoko to John than an actual Beatle Denny…and that post made zero sense to someone sober…..was kind of like Wild Honey Pie or Revolution #9

Snarky, I kind of like that…. Hey when you get together with the administrator see if he can change my handle to Snarky1989 while you’re getting yourself removed