Collegiate Wrestling Duals-NOLA-Dec 19th & 20th

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
mookie

Re: Collegiate Wrestling Duals-NOLA-Dec 19th & 20th

Post by mookie » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:58 am

If they go to New Orleans with the same cast, we all know they'll lose to NC State. Time to shake things up with new faces in key places.

Oracle

Post by Oracle » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:48 am

There have been precedents in the past, and sound coaching prerogative, to bench guys who give up falls. That's how Jay Leeman found the line-up back in the day at 137. The former starter got decked in Halsey Fieldhouse and Gerry had had enough.

If Max's RS is burned, then I would agree with giving him a chance to see what he can do.

Not sure where Burkhart cert'd.....if at 174, maybe he should see the mat as well....or even Lawrence....to mix it up. Losing to Carter Starocci comes with no shame but wouldn't hurt to sub there. No realistic options at 165 -- we are trying to win these duals, not experiment and lose.

I suspect Pat will bring the max number of back-ups which I hope include Gaige Garcia.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:56 am

Have heard of numerous sketchy reports on Rofkin broadcasts. This world not big enough to subscribe to both Flo and Rofkin year round but what is the forum's read on Rofkin just for this event. Is it $10 to join and then $10 PPV. More importantly, is it easy to cancel post-event?
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:00 am

So realistically, not in a dream world, where would you say those changes are?

141 - Instead of Hines.....Reinsel? Crookham? You make McGonagle bump out of where he is having success and go 141? Slide Crookham in at 133?

149- Brignola instead of MBIV?

It has become apparent Lawrence is not going down to 165, Logan must beat Lawrence in the room at 174. Lawrence has also had 2 medical forfeits in 8 matches this season (intentional? actual? who knows?)....Herceg is 6-5 with his biggest win being against wrestlestat ranked #98.

For all the talk does anyone even know if Burkhart can make 174 anymore or how long it would take him to legally make the cut down if he wanted to? He is 0-4 at 184 this year against mostly just outside of the rankings type competition.

At 285 Taylor has had his struggles but also obviously a very nice win.....When is Garcia available? How does that matchup play out in the room? Garcia is a beast but at 215 lbs and without heavyweight length like Pitzer from Pitt possessed. Not saying Garcia can't succeed there but talk about different builds (and athleticism).....

Will be tough go in round robin portion at Collegiate Duals no doubt, both teams are interesting matchups for Lehigh, the weights where we've struggled need to step up their game or find a replacement who will.
Last edited by Spladle1989 on Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:01 am

The cancel issue is my main concern on it, and have no idea how easy it is....I have heard Rofkin streams are more reliable than Flo......worth the $20 for the event, but after that not so sure.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:22 am

Crookham would have to eat an awful lot of Häagen-Dazs to be a legitimate 141. Was standing behind him for a while a few weeks ago and can say that he's short and thinnish.
mookie

Post by mookie » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:31 am

Trust me Crookham is ripped.

In terms of shaking up the lineup, the coaches have nothing to lose by inserting new faces. It's all about March, right?

No clue who's winning in the room but as Oracle pointed out sometimes change is good.
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:37 am

>>>>>>>>>>>Flo and Rofkin have different economic models.

Rofkin uses a more pay-for-event model while Flo is a straightforward annual subscription.

I utilize Rofkin for a few months each season to see Lehigh events. It’s a good value even with the monthly fee and an up charge fee for specific events. It can’t be too difficult to cancel if I I can figure it out.

Flo has more Lehigh coverage (home duals and EIWA) plus more college open tournaments and hs action ( was able to watch guys like Carter Bailey last yr in various tourneys as well as Lehigh recruits in hs events) Flo archives enables fans to watch events/specific matches on our schedule.

Flo also provides year round freestyle coverage international coverage of various world championships, etc.

Both services are highly cost effective for a Florida fan to get his Lehigh wrestling fix as well as watch the sport’s world best. I would spend more on gas alone driving to the EIWAs or NOLA than I spend on Flo and Rofkin combined.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:50 am

mookie wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:31 am Trust me Crookham is ripped.

In terms of shaking up the lineup, the coaches have nothing to lose by inserting new faces. It's all about March, right?

No clue who's winning in the room but as Oracle pointed out sometimes change is good.
No doubt. But 141?
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:05 am

McGonagle is now ranked #8 at 133 --- why would anyone think it's a good idea to bump him up to 141. Who else does that anymore these days. It's rare.

Perhaps Crookham gets a start in NOLA -- who knows? But I would imagine it would be at 133.