CORNELL

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
LU in the Hub

Re: CORNELL

Post by LU in the Hub » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:18 am

Really happy for Hines! He needed that one.

mh1

Post by mh1 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:15 am

Since Ken , dropped by to discuss tradition the other odd tradition is chanting Let’s go Ungar, Let’s go Ungar! We had these same 2 traditions back at my Junior High. It did get the crowd into it.
mookie

Post by mookie » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:22 am

Tiny houses are the new hot trend. Friedman Center was always ahead of its time.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:14 pm

mookie wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:22 am Tiny houses are the new hot trend. Friedman Center was always ahead of its time.
When JJH rebuilt Lower Grace Hall (by the way "Grace Hall" is mentioned in the movie Babylon) The U was forced to either have mats too close to seats.

Friedman center was all knew. Should have been designed with in mind a 42' circle on a 54' mat with another 5 feet to the nearest seats including the head table, and probably 500 more seats.

By the way, why are so few HS Gyms built with wrestling in consideration? 3 schools in the Harrisburg area where wrestling is more important, far more successful than basketball, built a a new HS or Gym in recent years, and they just built a gym for Basketball with Mat Hoists. Yeah they have nice wrestling practice rooms, but the only way to get more than three 28' circle mats in is to lose half the seating.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:39 am

What's funny is how easily Lehigh could have won this dual. Injuries to both sides were crippling. Logan seems to have Foca's number on their feet to a certain degree. Not sure why he chose bottom.

What, no "I was wrong" comments on Hines big win. after most had him dead and buried? :)
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:45 am

Spladle1989 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:41 pm Nice match by Hines, that is the way he needs to win matches at 141….. he got in on some deep shots but bailed out as he sensed it wasnt clean and would start to get over powered and lose positioning ….back out or tie it up and live for the next clean shot he could finish quicker…..and was aggressive on bottom….wrestled to his strengths….
To me it is and has been apparent that Hines is our best option at 141, that said he needs to continue to wrestle smart matches as described above in previous post.....remember Meyer has won a few big matches also, but has never found the way to wrestle to his strengths consistently, same with Logan.....Cornella match was a very big win for Malyke, Binghamton match pretty much went as expected based on quality of opposition.......Gannone for Binghamton is a career 19-32 against D1 wrestlers, and most of his wins were against guys ranked in the hundreds to two hundreds in wrestlestat rankings.....
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:30 pm

>>>>>>>>>What I really liked about Hines win vs Bing was that his gas tank was still full enough to get the td and backpoints in the last 15 seconds.

He was expected to win, but I didn’t expect a flurry at the end of match.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:32 pm

>>What, no "I was wrong" comments on Hines big win. after most had him dead and buried? :)

... Your support of my constant pleas for patience a nice plus; I had argued since mid-Nov but all I found in return was "not strong enough''; not big enough for moving up. What, one nice win, suddenly he's accepted?

... Reminds of NYG QB Daniel Jones. No, wait, Spladle just told me I'm not a football fan (Giants fan since '55) ... hell, about 6 yrs ago I drove Chuck Bednarik to Philly so 1 of his biggest Eagle fans (leg cut off in hit & run) could meet him in his hospital room. Moved everyone to tears. I also drove Chuck to the LU-MO dual at NYAC (he almost got thrown out for wearing blue jeans but we finessed that)
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:41 pm

drd5748 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:32 pm ... hell, about 6 yrs ago I drove Chuck Bednarik to Philly so 1 of his biggest Eagle fans (leg cut off in hit & run) could meet him in his hospital room. Moved everyone to tears. I also drove Chuck to the LU-MO dual at NYAC (he almost got thrown out for wearing blue jeans but we finessed that)
You drove his 2 years dead body? ;)
JAD77

Post by JAD77 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:01 pm

gimpeltf wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:41 pm
drd5748 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:32 pm ... hell, about 6 yrs ago I drove Chuck Bednarik to Philly so 1 of his biggest Eagle fans (leg cut off in hit & run) could meet him in his hospital room. Moved everyone to tears. I also drove Chuck to the LU-MO dual at NYAC (he almost got thrown out for wearing blue jeans but we finessed that)
You drove his 2 years dead body? ;)
Funny how the older we get, the more recent things that happened in the past appear. I do it all the time - underestimate the time that has passed for an event.
For example - will it really be 21 frickin' years this March since Rohn pinned Lambrecht? Damn - it seems like 10 years at the most.