Forum Bickering

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Mountain Hawk

Re: Forum Bickering

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:07 pm

Oracle wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:24 pm Like herding cats.

Take *all* personal squabbles off-line. There is a DM feature on this forum -- use it. Confront the person you have the issue with directly and leave the rest of us out of it. By sharing personal grievances here it shows a level of narcissism that is unfortunate.
More content police. Guy leveling narcissism charges calls himself Oracle and tries to establish new board rules for posting. MH will continue to call out the ridiculous and the dumb as he sees fit. Let all the delicate flowers continue to wilt.

LU in the Hub

Post by LU in the Hub » Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:35 pm

Geez, D3, I can't believe you spelled endeavor wrong... :D

Happy new year to all, and best of luck to Lehigh wrestling! Less bickering would be good, too.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:30 pm

Mountain Hawk wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:07 pm
Oracle wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:24 pm Like herding cats.

Take *all* personal squabbles off-line. There is a DM feature on this forum -- use it. Confront the person you have the issue with directly and leave the rest of us out of it. By sharing personal grievances here it shows a level of narcissism that is unfortunate.
More content police. Guy leveling narcissism charges calls himself Oracle and tries to establish new board rules for posting. MH will continue to call out the ridiculous and the dumb as he sees fit. Let all the delicate flowers continue to wilt.
>>>>>>>>> I freely admit to trying to establish new board rules for posting because what we have now isn't working for the vast majority of us. Having no moderator, or rules, has hurt this forum. If we took a poll, you would discover not many, if any, like the bickering.

BTW, I don't call myself anything -- it was a name bestowed upon me for correctly predicting Brandon Slay would successfully bull rush Saitiev in their Olympic match. It was more of a joke, but the moniker stuck. That was in 2000. How long have you been posting here?
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:56 pm

Exactly the same year I began. 2 full forums ago.

Not interested in your rules because nobody asked you to establish new rules. MH will go ahead and abide by the rules that are presently in place whereby freedom of speech is defended and encouraged and free flowing debate is protected (where have I heard that before?).
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:04 pm

LU in the Hub wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:35 pm Geez, D3, I can't believe you spelled endeavor wrong... :D

Happy new year to all, and best of luck to Lehigh wrestling! Less bickering would be good, too.
Well, Hubs, according to one website, I'm among 5.7% of users who would spell that word incorrectly. :roll:
(Woopsie-daisy! :P )
I'll try better next time! ;)

...and Happy New Year, as well!
D3
Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:23 pm

Seems like many of ya wanna be the ALPHA-DOG in this Iditarod! :o

To all of you, as well as the boys in-the-room breakin' a sweat,..SHOOT THE HALF; HAPPY NEW YEAR! :D
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:00 am

1/2NELSON wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:23 pm Seems like many of ya wanna be the ALPHA-DOG in this Iditarod! :o

To all of you, as well as the boys in-the-room breakin' a sweat,..SHOOT THE HALF; HAPPY NEW YEAR! :D
Hell no! :twisted:
(It's frickin freezing up there!!! :shock: )

Happy New Year as well, Halfsies! :D
Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Asa Packer

Post by Asa Packer » Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:41 pm

Ok, Oracle tried (in vain). Now we need to go to wrestle-offs (intra -forum scrimmage?)
I can get down to 184 (versus my IM weight of 125!). But do I wrestle for team decorum or team free speech? Decisions, decisions...

Btw, at 184 I'll be giving up both strength and leverage. Can't ride worth a Damn. But will be great teammate for team decorum or team free speech.
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:45 pm

Other than hearsay do we have any CREDIBLE inside-source that can confirm that GARCIA is even in the Caruso Complex "honing" his skills? :roll:

DRD, or Gimp, speak up, and forever hold....blah, blah! :P
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:23 pm

[quote="Asa Packer"But do I wrestle for team decorum or team free speech? Decisions, decisions...

>>>>>>> They are not mutually exclusive; one can maintain decorum and speak freely. That was my only point. Why some posters took it as 'control' is ludicrous.