Binghamton

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Richb-3

Re: Binghamton

Post by Richb-3 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:27 pm

Don't think Carter is a lock over Sheldon next year.

whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:13 pm

mookie wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:22 pm Match Jokes listed both Bryant & Hump for this weekend. I doubt either of them will wrestle this month or much at all for the balance of the year.
Yeah, the match note line-ups are about as reliable as DRD's line-ups.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:34 pm

Honest question….. what is the point of match notes in 2023? Other than the historical perspective crap that is just cut and pasted year to year and week to week, there is no accurate information….. it’s like here are the wrestlers who might wrestle, or you know…not…..why not just list every guy on the roster and the weight they wrestle at for both teams…..cripes weatherman are more accurate than the guy (or girl) who writes match notes….
Last edited by Spladle1989 on Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:35 pm

>>>>>>>>In response to:

LUEngineer——if you’ve watched any amount of Santoro’s coaching, you know, without a doubt, that Lehigh does not play the duck tough competition game. To even imply would be ridiculous, to state it, as you did, is basically malice toward Santoro and Humphries.

Why can’t you ( and mookster) accept the simple fact that guys get injured. When they are ready, they will be back in the lineup.

In addition, I’m also a Burkhart fan, but if he was really the answer at 174 he would have been starting from the start of the season. Logan wrestled a very credible match vs #4 ranked cu guy. Burkhart is definitely game, but he struggled today.

Other items:

Maybe Lane wrestled vs cu due to being more experienced——- but Lane doesn’t seem to have the energy/quickness he he’s had in past years. Maybe the weight cut is dragging him down.

Hines had an excellent weekend——finished both matches strong—-hopefully stays healthy for the rest of the season.

Brigs simply has no quit in him. His last second pin was remarkable.

I also would have had Logan take neutral vs cu, it’s his best position and he had some successs with takedowns earlier in the match.

Tate’s win over Bing was a solid performance and ia real plus for EIWA seeding.

Taylor had a good win vs cu and clearly has issues with lighter, lighter hwts. Things to work on with former hwts like Rey and Wood who were both quick.

Penn will be ready for Lehigh——it’s a big home dual for them and they are a more balanced team than Princeton. I hope Humphries is healthy as a win at 157 would be big.
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:17 pm

whiz wit wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:13 pm
mookie wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:22 pm Match Jokes listed both Bryant & Hump for this weekend. I doubt either of them will wrestle this month or much at all for the balance of the year.
Yeah, the match note line-ups are about as reliable as DRD's line-ups.
TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:17 pm

Hope you are correct Florida guy that Humphreys will be ready for Penn as we will need him to win that dual just as we did for Cornell. Just hoping he is not out for season.

Believe Burkhardt will continue to improve as he stabilizes at his new weight. He finished 3rd last year at 184 & likely stronger option for us to place higher at 174 then Logan. Logan still has 2 years left to grow into this weight.

Hines has appeared to turn it around & hats off to him & therefore no need to pull Crookham off redshirt.
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:02 am

>>>>>>>>>>LUEngineer:

I posted “ I hope Humphries will be healthy”. I have no idea if he will be ready for Penn.

Hines will face more tough EIWA guys in the coming duals, but his performance this weekend reconfirmed that he’s the guy at 141. With his win vs cu, the top seed at 141 is wide open for the EIWAs.

I’d like to see Crookham in additional open tournaments to gain more experience.
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:58 am

Not sure there are very many more open tournaments now that we are in the dual portion of the season?

Crookham does have McGonagle to help groom each other & hopefully help put him on the podium this year. Hines presumably also benefitting. So I guess we should look at Crookham like having another LVWC workout partner in the room for these 2 guys at this point for this season.

Next year will be interesting to see how this shakes out between these 3 for 2 spots?
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:10 am

who knows, Hines may be 149 next season.....depends if Brignola and or Bryant can hold 149, one of them will be 157 most likely.....
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:43 am

>>>>>>>> Volunteer asst coach Henderson gives Crookham ( and all the lightweights) a work out partner and coach who is still competing at a high level.

I believe he was the 65K alternate at the recent World Cup duals in Iowa( where the US took the title).

A number of quality lightweights (including new recruits) to sort things out next year.

I’m thinking Bailey, McGonagle, Hines make a good starting threesome for the remainder of this season.