Penn Dual

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
drd5748

Re: Penn Dual

Post by drd5748 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:55 am

>>True, you don’t see heavies getting ridden out that often….especially when the one getting ridden weighs 20/30 pounds more than the guy riding him

....False, especially w/ref allowing parallel ride Wood (250 1st 4 yrs), Rey (260), McCorkel, DeStito, etc did it a ton

p.s. I'm off break this one post after your idiotic use of my name spoofing W.P.G. post.
Nice touch - sophomoric again - mocking me AND my top LVAC donor.

Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:03 am

Not false at all but nice try….your definition of not often surely doesn’t match mine or anyone else who lives in the real world……what is often to you 5% of the time?

Mostly i was just mocking you honestly…..

But welcome back, always refreshing!
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:18 am

WGP is Gary Paul....a gentleman and generous donor to the program and LVAC. A really good guy.

If he posts it's gospel. And he was dead on balls accurate. There was no need for him to share further as to details.
I'm grateful for the heads up.

If Artalona was really 'out' then w'Humphreys that's a 9 point swing because he would have decked the guy. Now it's a 20-17 score.. And w/McG Lehigh would have had a legit shot to win. So all this hor$ehit about how bad we are is bogus.bogus.bogus.

The line-up is banged up -- it happens most every year to many teams. The break before EIWAs will be welcome.
I concede nothing. "It's not over 'till we say it's over" from Animal House. Hopefully, no true LU fan would throw in the towel today. Many of you didn't acknowledge the schedule being "formidable" given the state of our line-up. Maybe now you will. Being a fan doesn't mean covering your own a$$ if your team is down, it's saying 'I got your back.'
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:28 am

I really don’t see the drama, the match went about as expected given who wrestled….. the only guy who failed to meet my expectations was Taylor, and the way he walked off the mat i’m pretty sure he felt the same way, first time i’ve really seen him show anger/disgust…..

Injuries or not though it is hard to overcome the current hole at 165 and 174…..even if healthy at that weight we still have starters who both probably arent in top 33 or barely in top 33…..that’s a 12 point swing in every dual minimum when they both lose…..
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:26 am

>>Not false at all but nice try….your definition of not often surely doesn’t match mine or anyone else who lives in the real world……what is often to you 5% of the time?

... Real world?? You're the sophomore, I'm the PhD who's attended 700+ duals - and kept score for most
... We hired Jordan Wood at LUWN; and when I traveled with the team with just 2 coaches, I'd get asked to have dinner with the hwts since they could eat all they wanted. Paul Weibel is my fraternity brother. So I got to know hwts just a tad more than you possibly could; over a huge steak
... But thx for admitting "not false at all" - that's quite rare for you. And how much are you paying mookie to make you seem less critical? :D
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:25 pm

Umm yeah ok….. show me the stats that heavyweights get ridden out in a period more than 5% of the time…. And I mean real stats not the Denster version….. and in what world is 5% or less considered often?

You are a trainwreck of denial but that’s ok, still sure is great to have you back, you know for that “one exception from break”post…..
JoeV

Post by JoeV » Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:11 pm

Not only did Bailey choose underneath in the third, he let Miller go with 7 seconds left in the 2nd. Seems to be a lack of awareness sometimes.

Logan chose under on the 3rd, again. That should be forbidden.

A recent post has Taylor set at hwt for the next 4 years. Let’s hope there is improvement.
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:23 pm

I think not getting out from bottom last night was obvious in more than Hvyweight bout. Check out 125 & 174 among others where we were in toss up bouts. Penn was clearly the e aggressor by apparently training that way it would appear.