Where's The Beef?

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
drd5748

Where's The Beef?

Post by drd5748 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:10 pm

I"m mostly on vacation but find it hard not to comment about the perennial whining about advance PR
How many of our guys wrestling Sat/Sun were NOT listed below? (2?)

How many CU guys were shown in any line-up in their PR (zero)
That was zero unless they hid their other release from public view
All programs hides some truth. Inane or not, their privilege; no school lists mult weights for 1 guy; as LUWN sometimes does (whiz: I just bought some wieners - wanna try one?).
----------------------------------------------------------
Lehigh Probable Starters
125 Carter Bailey
Jaret Lane (Sr.,
133 No. 7 Connor McGonagle
141 Malyke Hines
149 No. 25 Max Brignola (So.,/b]
Manzona Bryant IV
157 No. 5 Josh Humphreys
165 Luca Frinzi
Connor Herceg
174 Jake Logan (So., New Rochelle, N.Y.)
184 No. 20 Tate Samuelson (Gr., Castle Rock, Colo.)
197 No. 3 Michael Beard (So., Reading, Pa.)
285 Nathan Taylor (Fy.. Brookville, Pa.)

Spladle1989

Re: Where's The Beef?

Post by Spladle1989 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:23 pm

actually there were 3, Burkhart, Munch and Sung....and 2 that apparently had no shot of actually wrestling (Humphreys and Bryant)....one guy that never wrestled (Herceg) even though others that were not listed did.....

Match notes as stated previously are a waste of time, it is all cut and paste from previous years or weeks other than the "lineups", and those are rarely an actual reflection of what gets wrestled......

so in answer to where is the beef? Certainly not in match notes which is more of a plant based beef substitute......
Last edited by Spladle1989 on Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mh1

Post by mh1 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:29 pm

Are you down in Florida, drd?
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:08 pm

The family's at Disney for the week; I've been there enough that I ask for the Shih Zhu to dogsit; he goes in the cage for the Penn dual.

I don't really care what the forum thinks about Match Notes; since 2000 LUWN has sent line-ups out as general info to promote duals - every one - and not 1 of 300+ readers has complained to me about the line-up charts. I hear whiz wit is a subscriber but he only mocks me anonymously.... because that's how fora work. Yet whine that Lehigh doesn't do enough -- as if whining is a contribution.

Hey Mookie: how about sending an email to Wolverine Athletics mocking their declining att for home duals ? - at 1 of their all-time peaks on the mat, with enrollment 10x ours.

#3 MICHIGAN 27, WISCONSIN 6
125 -- Medley (M) dec. #5 Barnett, 12-6 ...Sheldon beat Medley at Midl; but boo hoo, we can't recruit; sniff
133 -- #5 Ragusin (M) maj. #27 LaMont, 12-1
141 -- #23 Mattin (M) dec. #24 Zargo, 6-2
149 -- #2 Gomez (UW) dec. #20 Lamer, 17-10
157 -- #8 Lewan (M) dec. #17 Model, 5-3
165 -- #6 Amine (M) dec. #5 Hamiti, 5-3
174 -- Maylor (M) dec. Rowley, 7-1
184 -- #9 Finesilver (M) WTF Dow, 19-2
197 -- #14 Amos (UW) dec. Yatooma, 4-0
Hwt -- #2 Parris (M) dec. #11 Hillger, 4-0
Jan. 15 – Ann Arbor, MI – att: 1,435
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:30 pm

This all definitely falls under the who cares and easy to counter argue category......

125 -- Medley (M) dec. #5 Barnett, 12-6 ...Sheldon beat Medley at Midl; but boo hoo, we can't recruit; sniff

How did Sheldon do against Barnett in the quarterfinals at Midlands? Trying to remember......maybe Barnett was "under the weather" against Medley, or maybe Barnett's babe red head girlfriend broke up with him the nite before....oh no wait excuses only allowed for our guys......That said Seymour is not one who needs excuses, the kid is a goer.....

You don't think the NFL playoffs had anything to do with low attendance given the dual was at 5 pm yesterday right in the middle of all the games?.....I know you don't give a damn about football but it is the number 1 sport in the USA for viewership whether you care for it or not....

that's it I'm taking a sabbatical, until I post again that is.....
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:24 pm

I've been a diehard NY Giants fan since 1955 flat out enjoying avg'ing 2-3 fewer TO's than your suddenly scary QB. Is he ok?

I'll make this simple: LUWN earns excellent revenue from 300+ subscribers, all of whom can reach me by ph, email or mailing address.... yet not 1 complaint about advance lineups tentative for the last 452 duals

They pay for the info. What does tell any sane person about constant Forum whining?
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:36 pm

BTW, mountain hawk posted about a "rumor" that LUWN published a suggestion that fans cut back on LU Forum participation. Not a rumor, it's my right to free speech - unlike you, they know how to reach me 24/7. None of my 300 readers has complained about below
-----------------------------------------------
12-21-2022: National Dual Results
"The LUWN is filing a grievance with the Lehigh Wrestling Forum for its false statement that Brian Meyer
didn’t compete due to ‘failure to make weight.’ He never made the trip, thus wasn’t even at weigh-ins. In classic
Forum fashion, the explanation LUWN received from a Forum leader?:

“It was routine and ordinary speculation by average uneducated posters. Nothing more. A simple release by SID could have explained it.” The answer left out the fact of anonymous posters. Athletes accused aren’t anonymous and – like it or not - HIPAA laws prevent schools from providing personal info. Apparently the Forum feels they’re above the law and free to insult athletes at their whim. All LUWN staff have withdrawn and advise fan non-participation to minimize undue influence'. drd
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:54 pm

drd5748 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:36 pm BTW, mountain hawk posted about a "rumor" that LUWN published a suggestion that fans cut back on LU Forum participation. Not a rumor, it's my right to free speech - unlike you, they know how to reach me 24/7. None of my 300 readers has complained about below
"The LUWN is filing a grievance with the Lehigh Wrestling Forum for its false statement that Brian Meyer
didn’t compete due to ‘failure to make weight.’ He never made the trip, thus wasn’t even at weigh-ins. In classic

“It was routine and ordinary speculation by average uneducated posters. Nothing more. A simple release by SID could have explained it.” The answer left out the fact of anonymous posters. Athletes accused aren’t anonymous and – like it or not - HIPAA laws prevent schools from providing personal info. Apparently the Forum feels they’re above the law and free to insult athletes at their whim. All LUWN staff have withdrawn and advise fan non-participation to minimize undue influence'. drd
How do you explain your presence here when you actively discourage forum use because of anonymous posters and the risk of misinformation spread? Your incessant crying over your lack of control here is more tiring than your stories of the aroma of Joe Peritore’s jockstrap.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:05 pm

See there is the whole truth to all of this….. in Denny’s little LUWN world he relishes that only he controls the “message/agenda” and people “depend” on him for news…….it absolutely terrifies him that he can’t control the “message/agenda” on here and that the forum acts as another way to discuss Lehigh wrestling outside his reign, and he is scared shitless “readers” will realize they don’t need him…..thus the i’ m taking a sabbatical nonsense, not a chance in hell that is really ever happening…..

He tries to rally the troops by trying to put us rabble rousers in our place, we arent following his lead and that frustrates the heck out of him, because dammit he’s earned it and we should be buying his rag because that is the only “real” source on Lehigh wrestling…..

It’s all kind of sad actually….
lu90

Post by lu90 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:17 pm

Mountain Hawk wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:54 pm
drd5748 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:36 pm BTW, mountain hawk posted about a "rumor" that LUWN published a suggestion that fans cut back on LU Forum participation. Not a rumor, it's my right to free speech - unlike you, they know how to reach me 24/7. None of my 300 readers has complained about below

How do you explain your presence here when you actively discourage forum use because of anonymous posters and the risk of misinformation spread? Your incessant crying over your lack of control here is more tiring than your stories of the aroma of Joe Peritore’s jockstrap.
You expecting a legitimate response to that valid question?