Trainwreck

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
mookie

Trainwreck

Post by mookie » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:19 pm

This program needs a complete overhaul and anyone who disagrees is in denial.

whiz wit

Re: Trainwreck

Post by whiz wit » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:56 am

174, in particular, is a real downer. You've got a 2 time Pa state champion (4 time top 3) and a 2 time NY state champion (undefeated in last 2 seasons) but can't put a kid on the mat who can crack the top 33.
Sanddollour

Post by Sanddollour » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:03 am

I do disagree with saying the program is a trainwreck. Why not support the program rather than continually bring them down.
Wrestlers do have bad matches. This forum should be supportive. I know this will be an unpopular post.
The coaching staff is doing a great job. It’s up to the wrestlers to competent and perform.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:13 am

I love Mookie's consistency. Apparently this was the first post by now regulars, since a couple of us suggesting moving here from Yahoo.

We won EIWA that March by almost twenty points

mookie wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:10 am Michigan trounced Lehigh. A shameful performance really, and with their schedule this will be a long season. So many weak weights and borderline talents.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:04 am

Sanddollour wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:03 am I do disagree with saying the program is a trainwreck. Why not support the program rather than continually bring them down.
Wrestlers do have bad matches. This forum should be supportive. I know this will be an unpopular post.
The coaching staff is doing a great job. It’s up to the wrestlers to competent and perform.
Normally agree wholeheartedly about the coaching staff but I can’t understand why they put Bailey down in the 3rd. Really bad call.
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:07 am

>>>>>>>>>Mookster is consistent———he has been grinding an axe about Santoro and Lehigh for quite a while.

Missing 2 of your top 3 wrestlers plus a long time starter at 165 will impact any team.

Wailing in despair helps nothing, it’s time for the guys that can wrestle to focus on Navy and the other guys that are hurt to get healthy.
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:13 am

Certainly missing McGonagle & Humphreys is legitimate reason for loss last night. However also understand that Crookham is injured. Could he have wrestled last night without risking losing his redshirt were he not injured. I am not clear on the 5 match rule & whether that was only first semester?
Sanddollour

Post by Sanddollour » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:18 am

FloridaGuy wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:07 am >>>>>>>>>Mookster is consistent———he has been grinding an axe about Santoro and Lehigh for quite a while.

Missing 2 of your top 3 wrestlers plus a long time starter at 165 will impact any team.

Wailing in despair helps nothing, it’s time for the guys that can wrestle to focus on Navy and the other guys that are hurt to get healthy.
Santoro and the coaching staff is doing a great job with the wrestlers. Bottom line is the kids need to buy in. Put the work in.
So true Lehigh has some hurting starters that need to get healthy and the wrestlers stepping in need to take advantage of the situation and make the best of it. Turn the focus to Navy and do what it takes to get the victory.
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:34 am

Nice article this morning in www.Lehighvalleylive.com about Hines adjustment to 141 and his commitment to excellence. He certainly is showing this confidence recently & good that he does not feel undersized & has built his stamina.

Nice win last night & today will set the tone whether he is poised to gain #1 seed at EIWA’s. Good luck to him in his mission!!
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:08 am

Thank you for admitting you may have been premature in your observations about 141.