Transfer Portal

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
LU808

Re: Transfer Portal

Post by LU808 » Wed May 03, 2023 2:27 pm

Richb-3 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:40 pm
LU808 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:54 pm Trespassing on a lawn...is still Trespassing.

Trespassing as it relates to real estate law means entering onto land without the consent of the landowner. There are both criminal and civil trespass laws. Criminal trespass law is enforced by police, sheriffs, or park rangers....and grumpy old men like me!
When I took Business law at Lehigh, and insurance Law almost a decade later, there was an Invitee, Licensee, and Trespasser, (and a child Trespasser). Also be aware of an attractive nuisance like a swimming pool. Unless a property owner specifically tells some one not to come on a site, or there is a fence(maybe a hedge), or a no trespassing sign(not sure if purple paint works other then hunting lands, most licensee s can step on your lawn for a reasonable time and purpose (recovering a soccer ball or a wayward pet). Heck I don't care if kids pitch a tent on my lawn, might get upset if they start a fire and don't invite me for hot dogs and smores.

Now back to Transporter Room and Chief Miles Obrian.

Key word licensee.....implies that this is explicitly extended to the trespasser. Absent of a specific extended license...they are trespassing.

whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Wed May 03, 2023 3:12 pm

When I was attending a particular urban school back in the middle ages it was common for students coming from the train station to take a shortcut through a particular department store on their way to the campus. One funny professor liked to warn his students, in his southern drawl, "When you cut through Haines always make sure you look at a pair of socks." This would make you an invitee under the state's law and trigger the store's highest duty of care among the categories "invitee", "licensee" and "trespasser".
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Wed May 03, 2023 3:22 pm

whiz wit --- I wonder if you also post under another name? Burnt ______
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Wed May 03, 2023 4:41 pm

Sorry to hear about Humphreys inability to give it one more try. He was fun to watch with his strength & style. Wish him well in his career & thanks for the memories.

Rather than tap the transfer portal, Brignola is really demonstrating talent and may just be one of those Brad Dillon type understated HS talent that emerges at college level. Rather see him step in then find a one year transfer portal super senior. Making Round of 12 in Vegas was impressive.
BP-LU87

Post by BP-LU87 » Wed May 03, 2023 5:21 pm

Hope you are right with Brigs but he didn’t qualify for NCAAS this year so definitely has some work to do to get to the next level. Redshirt may be just the ticket. In the meantime…pursue all options available.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Fri May 05, 2023 6:54 am

Oracle wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:13 am Rutgers.
Griffith-Michigan-Final Answer
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Fri May 05, 2023 8:30 am

Michigan picks up 3 AAs from Northwestern alone -- plus 3 X AA Griffith. I would say Michigan is holding their own in the portal. Coach Stormiolo must be slightly upset. Does NW have Ivy-type rules about grad years?
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Fri May 05, 2023 11:59 am

>>>>>>>>>>Fascinating to watch the various transfer portal twists and turns.

NW recruits and develops some quality guys who move on, en mass, to Mich. what does that say to current team members and potential recruits.

Michigan is a strong program, but 4th in the B1G and barely competitive vs psu.

They lose their stud (Parris) to graduation and are adding 3-4 one year plug & play transfers that really change the dynamics of the team————their quality young 149 (rd/12) Lamer just entered the portal ( might be of interest to Lehigh)

Plus Michigan’s other top performer (Amine) is at 165, so he and Griffith will need to work who goes 165 vs174

Okl starting team last year was predominantly transfers and their season was a disaster by their standards.

A few selects transfers ( both in and out) can help a team, but wholesale transfers, imo, is a real negative.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Fri May 05, 2023 12:18 pm

Lamer from Oregon -- will probably join his bros at Cal Poly. Demas is gone.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Fri May 05, 2023 1:08 pm

Gotta say there was a pretty funny post on Tom's page, I am sure by a Nit fan.

A picture of a super exotic car dealer, representing a new Michigan training facility, with a parking lot full of super exotic cars. Bugatti, Hennessey, Tuatara, and more pedestrian cars like Ferrari + Lamborghini