Lehigh Going Forward

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
whiz wit

Lehigh Going Forward

Post by whiz wit » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:08 pm

This will be the site for information and opinions as to the present team and its prospects, and with apologies to those who want to feel good by posting about the glory days. Sorry, guys, that's history. This is a new day.

Happy, Oracle?

Oracle

Re: Lehigh Going Forward

Post by Oracle » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:15 pm

Except you didn’t follow through and state any opinions or ideas.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:19 pm

Oracle wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:15 pm Except you didn’t follow through and state any opinions or ideas.
I have done it in bits and pieces previously. But if you insist:

125 - Seymour. Solid but I fear too small to reach the top level.

133 - Injury history makes Crookham suspect. If healthy could go far. Otherwise, McG on about same level.

141 - Hines runs hot and cold.

149 - Like to see a transfer. Bryant is Bryant - for better or worse.

157 - Brignola needed some muscle at 149. Now he's likely up a weight class.

165 - Don't see a future with Herceg. Hope the new transfer develops.

174 - Given up on Logan. Hope to see Lawrence.

184 - Rogers? Little to go by at this level. Is Burkhart still around? Davis didn't have a good year going down a weight but I wouldn't rule him out.

197 - Beard. With Humphreys gone, best kid on the team. But is there a psychological element?

285 - Taylor. Still not convinced. Looks very good at times but has trouble with smaller, more athletic and skilled kids.
Asa Packer

Post by Asa Packer » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:20 pm

whiz wit wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:19 pm
Oracle wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:15 pm Except you didn’t follow through and state any opinions or ideas.

133 - Injury history makes Crookham suspect. If healthy could go far. Otherwise, McG on about same level.

184 - Rogers? Little to go by at this level. Is Burkhart still around? Davis didn't have a good year going down a weight but I wouldn't rule him out.

197 - Beard. With Humphreys gone, best kid on the team. But is there a psychological element?

285 - Taylor. Still not convinced. Looks very good at times but has trouble with smaller, more athletic and skilled kids.
Pretty much agree with names, albeit your assessments a bit rough (unpolished?). I have high hopes for Beard to bounce back and crookham to make immediate impact. Of course, in Fall of 1978 I ran into Thad in Taylor Gym. I was excited to talk to him about these 2 kids from NJ (Burley and Schuyler). Thad said, "wait until they've won a few. Coincidentally, in Fall of 1953, my dad was equally excited about a fellow EE (Eichelberger). Coach Leeman said, ... (nvm, the thread title just caught my eye) :twisted:
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:02 pm

>>>>>>>> Hard to take wittywiz seriously when he has Bryant at 149 and asks if Burkhart is still around.

If your interest is solely on today’s team, focus the next few days on Lehigh’s numerous entrants in the U-20 and u-23 tourneys this weekend.
lu90

Post by lu90 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:40 pm

whiz wit wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:08 pm This will be the site for information and opinions as to the present team and its prospects, and with apologies to those who want to feel good by posting about the glory days. Sorry, guys, that's history. This is a new day.

Happy, Oracle?
Did Mookie get fired as forum moderator?
mookie

Post by mookie » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:07 am

As many of you know I’ve dedicated countless hours to moderating this site. It’s now time for me to step aside and let someone younger assume control.

Please join me in welcoming our new forum moderator, Mr. Ass Packer.

Ass will be joining us effective immediately and his credentials speak for themselves.

I’m excited to see Ass apply his experience and education to help this site grow to new levels.

I’ll still be available to assist Ass should the need arise. It’s been my great pleasure to serve.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:08 am

Not saying Bryant is still around because I have no idea but just because you enter portal doesn’t mean you are leaving, could just be seeing what “offers” you get…..was surprised a few weeks ago to see Lehigh twitter wish Manzona a happy birthday with a picture of him in his Lehigh uniform…..

Crookham wasn’t impressive in his win over Bucknell, gassed at end and held on for win 6-4…..first varsity bout jitters and all that but honestly expected to be more impressed…..as FloridaGuy has said previously Phipps for Bucknell not that good (when discussing seedings)…..
Last edited by Spladle1989 on Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:25 am

whiz wit wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:19 pm

>>>>>>>> So, considering this post, you have nothing new to add. The same old K-rap about all our deficiencies. Where’s your contribution to “Lehigh Moving Forward”?

Waiting…..

Listen, this board has beaten it to death. It’s a lot more fun to watch Eichelberger videos than rehash why certain board members think we suck. The old videos are awesome IMO.
I think it’s more a matter of you not being around yet so you’re not invested in it. That makes sense.

Take your own advice: if you don’t like a topic, move on.

Hope you have an enjoyable summer.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:16 am

Oracle, you asked for my opinions and ideas and that's what I gave you. If you think they're worthless, too bad. You asked.

As for Florida Guy, Bryant was in a team photo posted on facebook the other day and LU's roster shows Burkhart with a year of eligibility remaining. So what's the beef?