DUAL MEET BROADCASTS/REPLAYS/INTERVIEWS

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
martinsilvestri

Re: DUAL MEET BROADCASTS/REPLAYS

Post by martinsilvestri » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:50 pm

Fun dual Mich vs OSU. comes down to hw. Would be a done deal for Michigan except for a forfeit and substitution. Better watch out for Ragusin at 133. Gomez also looks like a contender at 149 (having wrestled for just about every team except Lehigh!)

1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:34 pm

MINNESOTA 20 - RUTGERS 12

Let's see HOW we match up with the Scarlet Knights, as both coaches continue to play DODGE-BALL! :oops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL7uJ8UEDxU
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:33 am

CORNELL 20 - MISSOURI 16

Signature WIN for Big-Red, but Vito NOT Vito! :?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuNx1akrw3A
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:19 pm

PENN STATE 42 MARYLAND 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBcc4vuoRts

WTH,..( 51 ) match winning streak! :o

Like to see the TERRAPINS on Lehigh schedule.
legger

Post by legger » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:18 am

**** Probably overstepping, but has anyone, with semi access (Gimp, Bruce, Mookie, others) tried to approach any of the coaches re: scheduling Rutgers or others. I know when I lived in LV and attended practice, I would speak frankly to the coaches and most times they would engage. If I crossed a line they would generally tell me and I would back off. What’s the harm? I am a very direct person, but when I do ask questions I try to do it in a nice way.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:44 am

Sorry, but Rutgers holds no fascination for me. If it's so critical, then invite them to the Sheridan. Would much rather schedule other Big 10 teams like Iowa, Michigan, Ohio State for home and home.

There's a little school called Arkansas-Little Rock out of the Big 12 that's made it's way into the rankings. Maybe we should target teams that are tough, but winnable? Little Rock, App State, West Virginia, Oregon State, Stanford, UNC-Chapel Hill.
legger

Post by legger » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:07 pm

**** The key word I see in your response is winnable. Until we do something about 149-184 Meets against Iowa, Michigan and tOSU are not remotely winnable, imho.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:06 pm

Agree with Legger. I wouldn't let the present semi-euphoria overshadow the fact that the team is highly likely to lose to those three on a regular basis. Rutgers is more on LU's level and, as has been advanced ad nauseam previously, regular dual meets with them would be a plus for several reasons.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:32 pm

My post accepts the fact Rutgers isn't available until further notice. Instead of RU, I listed several, IMO, that were tough but winnable.

I guess I should have been clearer when listing the other Big 10 teams -- those are there to toughen us up and perhaps offer a few opportunities to advance individual rankings. Not all 3....one would be more than enough.
If Penn can schedule Iowa, so can we.
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:59 pm

>>>>>>>>>Reply to Oracle: since your rational is that Lehigh should schedule Iowa because Penn does——- we should also schedule Rutgers because RU is on Penn’s schedule.

On the other hand, Penn doesn’t wrestle psu, OkieSt, ASU, or Pitt———should we drop them?

Lehigh faces more top ten teams than Penn and unlike Penn, we face no cupcakes. ———-I’d rather not emulate Penn’s schedule except the addition of RU.

You also imply that Lehigh guys need another top ten team to toughen up——— please tell us which guys aren’t tough enough? Most Lehigh starters have already faced multiple top ten opponents——-what is the magic number to make a wrestler tough enough for your standard?