Upcoming Weekend

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
BP-LU87

Re: Upcoming Weekend

Post by BP-LU87 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:16 pm

Agree..she really seems bitter and has weight loss on her mind.

Wrestlingparent

Post by Wrestlingparent » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:35 pm

martinsilvestri wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:52 pm
Asa Packer wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:40 pm I don't think green card is from CU. Way too personal to Luke. Ex? Someone he pinned in HS?
Suggest green card wear green beanie at next home meet. We can stop by and say hello. 😆
They knew where he was sitting during the dual, and how weigh-ins work for the wrestlers, so... suffice to say it seems like someone with pretty close knowledge of the situation. not a fan of criticizing a guy this way. the stanich--crookham factor is bringing a lot of electricity to the team right now. there are gonna be haters. now to see if the team can work through all that stuff.
First time posting after many years reading this forum. I can say this entire forum is disappointing in the amount of bickering and bringing the wrestlers and parents down. Wrestling is a team sport. It takes all the wrestlers at all weight classes to be successful. Iron sharpens iron. Posts are being made talking about the wrestlers. Criticizing in one way or another in your own way. Such a shame, disappointing, wasted opportunity which are examples of criticism. Wrestlers will win and lose. Doesn’t mean they didn’t give it their all each and everytime stepping on the mat. Yes some of these comments could be truthful and sometimes the truth hurts. But the focus should be to support the wrestlers as a team not just certain individuals on the team. Everyone’s comments are critical and it is about perception. A positive perception is to encourage these wrestlers win or lose. Unfortunately the wrestlers and parents to come on this forum and read what is being said. These wrestlers are the ones out there wrestling and taking care of academics. Maybe we all should think twice before posting before using any sort of criticism.
BP-LU87

Post by BP-LU87 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:43 pm

Agree…Greencard upped the ante making comments about Stanich, his mother, his girlfriend and coaches and thus the whole team. . This forum is calling her out for this and have all of their backs with support.
ikeremix

Post by ikeremix » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:05 pm

Wrestlingparent wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:35 pm
martinsilvestri wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:52 pm
Asa Packer wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:40 pm I don't think green card is from CU. Way too personal to Luke. Ex? Someone he pinned in HS?
Suggest green card wear green beanie at next home meet. We can stop by and say hello. 😆
They knew where he was sitting during the dual, and how weigh-ins work for the wrestlers, so... suffice to say it seems like someone with pretty close knowledge of the situation. not a fan of criticizing a guy this way. the stanich--crookham factor is bringing a lot of electricity to the team right now. there are gonna be haters. now to see if the team can work through all that stuff.
First time posting after many years reading this forum. I can say this entire forum is disappointing in the amount of bickering and bringing the wrestlers and parents down. Wrestling is a team sport. It takes all the wrestlers at all weight classes to be successful. Iron sharpens iron. Posts are being made talking about the wrestlers. Criticizing in one way or another in your own way. Such a shame, disappointing, wasted opportunity which are examples of criticism. Wrestlers will win and lose. Doesn’t mean they didn’t give it their all each and everytime stepping on the mat. Yes some of these comments could be truthful and sometimes the truth hurts. But the focus should be to support the wrestlers as a team not just certain individuals on the team. Everyone’s comments are critical and it is about perception. A positive perception is to encourage these wrestlers win or lose. Unfortunately the wrestlers and parents to come on this forum and read what is being said. These wrestlers are the ones out there wrestling and taking care of academics. Maybe we all should think twice before posting before using any sort of criticism.
Insert barf meme

If you want college wrestling to be a big time sport then you need to act like it. No one “baby’s” ncaa football or basketball players, in fact the opposite, they are called out very publicly on ESPN, FS1, BTN, etc..

Every one preaches wrestling teaches toughness and life lessons, but are so quick to cry about people criticizing college wrestlers. You can’t have it both ways.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:26 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]

Many will immediately cow tail to this post, I will take the other side……

If you are truly a parent of a D1 wrestler then in this day and age you should be happy there still are “fans”….. fans are what pay for Lehigh wrestling to continue to blossom…..wrestling is a tough draw, these kids are getting opportunities many never had when they went to Lehigh both financially and in terms of scholastic support….. can it be a tough road? Absolutely….. most often wrestlers are discussed with the concept of team success in mind….. not unfairly, in my opinion and it’s not personal……there are exceptions and greencards post crosses the line of “wrestling discussion “…

If you think this forum is harsh you should go to many of the Big10 discussion forums, or many of the D1 football and basketball forums…..the average post on here is very respectful and just general discussion of a program people on here support and respect…..the lights are brighter at Lehigh than at many wrestling programs, you are not wrestling in total obscurity at Lehigh, and that is a good thing…..if no one cared and no one discussed your wrestler would be at Binghamton or Columbia or Harvard….. ever go to duals there and sit in empty gyms?

It’s tough being a D1 athlete parent, many of us have been there, either as the athlete or the parent…..Lehigh wrestlers are incredibly fortunate they have a fanbase who cares enough to follow and support them….. there will always be exceptions but for the most part nothing is “personal “ ……

I understand you might not agree with all this, but it’s way better than no one caring…….and there are probably sixty some other D1 wrestling programs that fall in that category…..
Wrestlingparent

Post by Wrestlingparent » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:54 pm

Spladle1989 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:26 pm
[/quote]

Many will immediately cow tail to this post, I will take the other side……

If you are truly a parent of a D1 wrestler then in this day and age you should be happy there still are “fans”….. fans are what pay for Lehigh wrestling to continue to blossom…..wrestling is a tough draw, these kids are getting opportunities many never had when they went to Lehigh both financially and in terms of scholastic support….. can it be a tough road? Absolutely….. most often wrestlers are discussed with the concept of team success in mind….. not unfairly, in my opinion and it’s not personal……there are exceptions and greencards post crosses the line of “wrestling discussion “…

If you think this forum is harsh you should go to many of the Big10 discussion forums, or many of the D1 football and basketball forums…..the average post on here is very respectful and just general discussion of a program people on here support and respect…..the lights are brighter at Lehigh than at many wrestling programs, you are not wrestling in total obscurity at Lehigh, and that is a good thing…..if no one cared and no one discussed your wrestler would be at Binghamton or Columbia or Harvard….. ever go to duals there and sit in empty gyms?

It’s tough being a D1 athlete parent, many of us have been there, either as the athlete or the parent…..Lehigh wrestlers are incredibly fortunate they have a fanbase who cares enough to follow and support them….. there will always be exceptions but for the most part nothing is “personal “ ……

I understand you might not agree with all this, but it’s way better than no one caring…….and there are probably sixty some other D1 wrestling programs that fall in that category…..
[/quote]

Then help me understand how people on here talk out of both sides of your a**. In one moment you are saying these other forums call out the individuals out and that’s okay. But the next sentence saying it’s not okay to call an individual out on this forum. This goes to prove the point that this forum is about bickering and not support. Apparently you are the only fans that support the team. It’s no one’s business when a kid is hurt or maybe struggling with weight or grades. Support the entire team equally. Without all of them no one gets better and there is no team to go watch. Everyone has an opinion and a perception which not all will agree with.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:05 pm

Not going to engage in this further, I gave my view, and disagree whole heartedly with your response, but you are welcome to your opinion and as a parent of a former D1 athlete to some degree I understand it….. but mine went to a school and played a sport where no one cared and they had zero support……I would take the Lehigh Wrestling “bright lights” experience and all that goes with it everyday in comparison……especially when you look at what they have when they graduate…..full stop
Last edited by Spladle1989 on Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
martinsilvestri

Post by martinsilvestri » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:09 pm

I feel for the parent expressing their feelings in the above comment and i sure as hell dont think "'insert barf meme" is the right response, i mean really??

becoming a d1 athlete is becoming a celebrity, to some extent at least, and thats probably a tough adjustment. i'm with everything spladle said above. critique by random people comes with the territory of having "fans". on one hand you have a roaring stadium cheering for you. on the other you have people airing all manner of criticisms and opinions, because now you are part of the show.

personally i have massive respect for every athlete at this level and i try to iterate that when i can. on a personal basis i think each one of these wrestlers is phenomenal. but fans are also going to discuss and debate the team. its what fans do. its recreation and its a different type of conversation. it might be hard to hear that and i imagine a lot of athletes & families choose not to read those discussions, and that could be wise...
ikeremix

Post by ikeremix » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:50 pm

martinsilvestri wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:09 pm I feel for the parent expressing their feelings in the above comment and i sure as hell dont think "'insert barf meme" is the right response, i mean really??

becoming a d1 athlete is becoming a celebrity, to some extent at least, and thats probably a tough adjustment. i'm with everything spladle said above. critique by random people comes with the territory of having "fans". on one hand you have a roaring stadium cheering for you. on the other you have people airing all manner of criticisms and opinions, because now you are part of the show.

personally i have massive respect for every athlete at this level and i try to iterate that when i can. on a personal basis i think each one of these wrestlers is phenomenal. but fans are also going to discuss and debate the team. its what fans do. its recreation and its a different type of conversation. it might be hard to hear that and i imagine a lot of athletes & families choose not to read those discussions, and that could be wise...
Sorry to hurt your feelings Martin. I know how fragile wrestlers and wrestling parents are. Wrestlers are “so tough”, “it teaches life lessons”, “it’s the toughest sport”….. in all honesty STFU. You guys B and cry at the drop of a hat. You’re triggered so easily. Sack up

I’m not a wrestler but love Lehigh wrestling (as an LU and D11 alum) but until recently didn’t realize how fragile the fan base is.

Newsflash this is a D1 sport….kids will be critiqued and judged. Such is…..life. Booo hoooo. you should be thrilled that I care (and give $$) as a non wrestler. Bet the wrestlers themselves aren’t whining yet we have the parents and old fan base who get offended.

Piss off.
martinsilvestri

Post by martinsilvestri » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:57 pm

ikeremix wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:50 pm
Sorry to hurt your feelings Martin. I know how fragile wrestlers and wrestling parents are. Wrestlers are “so tough”, “it teaches life lessons”, “it’s the toughest sport”….. in all honesty STFU. You guys B and cry at the drop of a hat. You’re triggered so easily. Sack up

I’m not a wrestler but love Lehigh wrestling (as an LU and D11 alum) but until recently didn’t realize how fragile the fan base is.

Newsflash this is a D1 sport….kids will be critiqued and judged. Such is…..life. Booo hoooo. you should be thrilled that I care (and give $$) as a non wrestler. Bet the wrestlers themselves aren’t whining yet we have the parents and old fan base who get offended.

Piss off.
No feelings hurt, just amused at how much douchebaggery and lack of self-awareness some people exhibit. Love how you don't contribute around here or anything, just pop out of the woodwork to randomly talk shit at a wrestler's parent, lol. You can sack up and piss off etc etc yourself, weirdo.