Cornell NCAA team

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Oracle

Cornell NCAA team

Post by Oracle » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:23 am

With the re-emergence of Meyer Shapiro, and reappearance of Vito Arujau, Cornell is poised to make another run at a trophy. If all their realistic point scorers hold serve, they will almost certainly out-score Iowa.

Arujau, Shapiro, Ramirez, Foca, Cardenas look like locks to place -- best case: 3 finalists. It's a really good tournament team.

Ungar maybe fading, Cornella and Fernandes on the cusp, 149 soft and 174 softer.

The Shapiro piece is what catapults them. He went from top 15 to potential finalist.

mookie

Re: Cornell NCAA team

Post by mookie » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:58 am

Vito was gifted a win against Missouri and Cornella tweaked his knee but yeah Cornell remains the PSU of the EIWA.
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:10 pm

mookie wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:58 am Vito was gifted a win against Missouri and Cornella tweaked his knee but yeah Cornell remains the PSU of the EIWA.
Like the ANALOGY pal, and might I add,..DelBarton H.S. the Minor-League affiliate to Big-Red! :roll:
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:26 pm

It's the DEBARTON School... it's a button down preppie to the PREP, prep school.
It should return to the PREP school tournament w/ the likes of Blair, Wyoming Seminary, Malvern Prep and their like.
It should get the H-E-Double Toothpicks out of the public tournaments and back to the preps where they belong.
9TH graders beating up on seniors, WTF... the kids train like they're NCAA Div 1 athletes.

And for the halibut, all the NJ parochial schools should be in a league of their own as well... check out the top ten scores at the NJSIAA wrestling tournament for the past 5-10 years, it's mostly populated w/ parochial teams.

It's REALLY unfair advantage that they wield.
REALLY!
D3
Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Red Blades

Post by Red Blades » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:22 pm

Oh dem Joisey Boyz! :roll:

(Oh, waitaminute - I've become one of doz guyz!) ;)

Cheerz, D-3! :D
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:40 pm

D3 for LU wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:26 pm It's the DEBARTON School... it's a button down preppie to the PREP, prep school.
It should return to the PREP school tournament w/ the likes of Blair, Wyoming Seminary, Malvern Prep and their like.
It should get the H-E-Double Toothpicks out of the public tournaments and back to the preps where they belong.
9TH graders beating up on seniors, WTF... the kids train like they're NCAA Div 1 athletes.

And for the halibut, all the NJ parochial schools should be in a league of their own as well... check out the top ten scores at the NJSIAA wrestling tournament for the past 5-10 years, it's mostly populated w/ parochial teams.

It's REALLY unfair advantage that they wield.
REALLY!
D3
VALID points buddy! I don't even like them listed amongst the TOP-TEN teams in the NJ rankings where they overwhelm the leader-board, and would much prefer they have their own PRIVATE rankings. :oops: They do however have their own TEAM playoffs, separate from the public TEAM competition,.. but are included in our ALL inclusive State Tournament, which I think is fair being that this is strictly an INDIVIDUAL format. 8-)

Your RIGHT,..they probably belong with the other PREPS such as Blair, Wyoming Seminary, and the like.. :roll:

Curious, as I've lived in NW Jersey all by life, and obviously an avid WRESTLING fan like your self. My allegiance is primarily to Warren Hills/Washington High -1964. I believe you're a Jersey resident as well.. 8-)
Last edited by 1/2NELSON on Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:37 pm

>>>>>>>> Unless Delbarton changed from when I lived in NJ, they do not take post grads, similar to a number of parochial NJ high schools like Seton Hall prep, st Peters, Morris Catholic, etc.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:14 pm

Someone said they should return to the Preps. I've been involved with the Preps 50 years. I don't remember them ever being in. St Benedict's just returned to the NJSIAA again.
JAD77

Post by JAD77 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:50 pm

Speaking of Delbarton - they wrestle Blair this Thursday at Blair, at 7pm. Should be a barn burner, and I’ll be there (I live 15 minutes from Blair).
Both teams have numerous kids listed in the top 25 in the country at their weight. Lehigh commit Marty Lopes from Blair will have his hands full with Quenault at 132 lbs, and Lehigh commit Logan Rozynski from Blair should have an easier time at 144.
Interesting note - Blair wrestled North Hunterdon this past Saturday, and they wrestled girls at 2 of the weights. One of them - Morgan Edwards looked pretty good. Even though she lost, she had a nice takedown, and put in a really good ride of well over a minute.
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:01 pm

JAD77 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:50 pm Speaking of Delbarton - they wrestle Blair this Thursday at Blair, at 7pm. Should be a barn burner, and I’ll be there (I live 15 minutes from Blair).
Both teams have numerous kids listed in the top 25 in the country at their weight. Lehigh commit Marty Lopes from Blair will have his hands full with Quenault at 132 lbs, and Lehigh commit Logan Rozynski from Blair should have an easier time at 144.
Interesting note - Blair wrestled North Hunterdon this past Saturday, and they wrestled girls at 2 of the weights. One of them - Morgan Edwards looked pretty good. Even though she lost, she had a nice takedown, and put in a really good ride of well over a minute.
Will be there as well, although I see Delby as 10-15 PT underdogs! :o

Wanna see a few of their returning State Champs, specifically Perentin165, and Cerchio175, both Cornell recruits, ..as well as a bird's-eye-view of Lehigh commits you've alluded to. 8-)