LU v Army

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
BP-LU87

Re: LU v Army

Post by BP-LU87 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:30 pm

I don’t think the geometry works well for that.

DavidKla

Post by DavidKla » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:48 pm

Spladle1989 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:16 pm
Richb-3 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:46 pm My feed stopped for some reason at 8 sec to go which was actually the worst it was looking for Brignola, then I tweaked something and saw the last 30 seconds.

When Beard was given choice with a 14 point lead at the start of the third period period. he should have taken top to try to get the pin. And if not he still ends up with the TF
Pretty sure Army chose top in the third for that very reason….
Yes, Army had choice and took top.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:54 pm

So the real question is Why did not Crookham not wrestle

Carter Bailey just wrestled 141 last weekend, could not have cut more than 2 pounds a week.

Stanich Probably could have legally made the weight but if he had weighed in over 130(?) would he have been prevented from wrestling 125 in the last 3 duals.

McGonagle might have been too far over to drop to 133. (probably he should have aimed for that weight for Army and AzSU, but....

So did Crookham just have a cold? etc.?

One Good thing, If Berginc was as good as our announce friend said Sheldon should jump from rank 40 to about 14.

Apologies to our staff at 197, I was still listening to Euclid at that point.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:14 pm

Ok, I took the not too long trek north and didn't have to listen to the stream guy. The guy in the house wasn't bad at all.

Lucky to escape with the win. LU won most of the close ones. The 149 Army guy's post win performance was really obnoxious. Surprised the Military Academy is ok with that kind of poor sportsmanship/showmanship.

I ask this question again. Why settle for the tech fall when you've got half the bout remaining to try to get a pin and an extra point for your team? Beard tried for the pin a couple times early on but then gave up. Had he gotten a pin and Brignola lost - which he came very close to doing - LU would still have won on criteria, right? With the tech fall the team would have lost by a point had Brignola lost his close one.

This was my first time at West Point. I didn't know the intermission only lasted a couple minutes. I went to take a piss and missed the first period of Seymour's bout. Luckily, it was scoreless.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:50 pm

whiz wit wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:14 pm Ok, I took the not too long trek north and didn't have to listen to the stream guy. The guy in the house wasn't bad at all.

Lucky to escape with the win. LU won most of the close ones. The 149 Army guy's post win performance was really obnoxious. Surprised the Military Academy is ok with that kind of poor sportsmanship/showmanship.

I ask this question again. Why settle for the tech fall when you've got half the bout remaining to try to get a pin and an extra point for your team? Beard tried for the pin a couple times early on but then gave up. Had he gotten a pin and Brignola lost - which he came very close to doing - LU would still have won on criteria, right? With the tech fall the team would have lost by a point had Brignola lost his close one.

This was my first time at West Point. I didn't know the intermission only lasted a couple minutes. I went to take a piss and missed the first period of Seymour's bout. Luckily, it was scoreless.
I would question a lot of things that happened in that dual by other Lehigh wrestlers and coaches before i would get to Beard getting a tech instead of a pin….. if the opposing wrestler is unwilling to try to wrestle it is very hard to get a pin no matter how much bigger/better you are….. look at Ethan Smith’s two matches this year, and he actually did try to battle till the end……the Army wrestler took top in the third to guarantee it was just a tech…….
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:57 pm

Appreciate the COMIC relief provided by our cast-of-characters here, but will have to personally review the video to see if the Army announcer was worthy of such abuse! Special THANKS to D3 for the running commentary. 8-)

WTF,..that was TOO freakin' close, where was our A-TEAM, including Stanich, Crookham, and our highly respected back-up,..McGonacle? :cry: Anxious to see how forth-coming our Staff is in explaining their MIA status. :roll:
Gimp,..you're our resident deep-throat/COLUMBO, find us some answers please! ;)
mookie

Post by mookie » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:58 pm

Not to be "that guy" but that was a glorified JV match. Let's move on.
HFO

Post by HFO » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:22 pm

1/2NELSON wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:57 pm Appreciate the COMIC relief provided by our cast-of-characters here, but will have to personally review the video to see if the Army announcer was worthy of such abuse! Special THANKS to D3 for the running commentary. 8-)

WTF,..that was TOO freakin' close, where was our A-TEAM, including Stanich, Crookham, and our highly respected back-up,..McGonacle? :cry: Anxious to see how forth-coming our Staff is in explaining their MIA status. :roll:
Gimp,..you're our resident deep-throat/COLUMBO, find us some answers please! ;)
The announcer is an original. He is the entertainment. Doesn't know wrestling, but he has all his catch phrases.
HFO

Post by HFO » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:24 pm

George Porgie wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:56 pm
BP-LU87 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:07 pm Curve ball outside….he swings, he misses….strike 3.
"two wayward ping pong balls" is what got me to hit the mute button.
"on a roulette wheel at saturday night bingo." :-)
That was his whole line. The guy was something else.
ikeremix

Post by ikeremix » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:16 pm

Logan HEW?