LU v Bucknell

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
George Porgie

Re: LU v Bucknell

Post by George Porgie » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:49 am

FloridaGuy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:17 am >>>>>>>>>> mookster’s ‘ bubble wrap’ comment is simply his dissatisfaction with smart, experienced, coaching that has produced excellent results from two young guys.

Crookham and Stanich are a combined 28-1 and ranked #1 and #3————yet mookster and others find it necessary to nitpick and complain about the way the coaching staff is handling things.

I understand the moaning and groaning when things aren’t going well, but kvetching about the 125-133 coaching process is taking second guessing to a new level.
We have it pretty busy down at 133. Nothing wrong with giving the other guys down there some work. They can all wrestle. Great to see in my opinion.

martinsilvestri

Post by martinsilvestri » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:12 am

George Porgie wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:49 am
FloridaGuy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:17 am >>>>>>>>>> mookster’s ‘ bubble wrap’ comment is simply his dissatisfaction with smart, experienced, coaching that has produced excellent results from two young guys.

Crookham and Stanich are a combined 28-1 and ranked #1 and #3————yet mookster and others find it necessary to nitpick and complain about the way the coaching staff is handling things.

I understand the moaning and groaning when things aren’t going well, but kvetching about the 125-133 coaching process is taking second guessing to a new level.
We have it pretty busy down at 133. Nothing wrong with giving the other guys down there some work. They can all wrestle. Great to see in my opinion.
We WOULD have it pretty busy down at 133... if you're counting Mc-Gone-agle.

Couldn't resist, sorry. Against Bucknell all substitutions are fair and I'd say they actually sent out a pretty competitive team for that dual. Army was the only time it got dicey.
Last edited by martinsilvestri on Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:13 am

Where was it revealed there was a injury/ding that needed to heal? That's really mookie's point.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:24 am

One bad thing about Michael Beard. He does not have the best first name of sny wrestler in the state named Beard. That would be CD 107 pounder Thunder Beard.
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:11 pm

>>>> mookie says of Crookham..

"Bubble wrap + Styrofoam packing peanuts. At some point, he needs to be released into the wild."

And might I add,...FRAGILE-HANLE-WITH-CARE on packing! :cry:

Agree mookster,.. and soo eloquently stated! :roll: Looking back, can never recall Coach Leeman/Turner using such tactics with Caruso, Peritore, Frick, and Burley,.. other than having them BUMP-UP on occasion.

Humorous intent aside,..wishing our SHOOTING-STAR nothing but good health, and success going forward! :D
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:45 pm

Beard is amazing. I agree, it hardly looks like he's breaking a sweat. I sure hope he keeps riding the mojo on this wave. I also enjoy Sheldon's acton. Too bad his height, or lack thereof, inhibits him with taller guys. I kept thinking whether starting on the bottom, rather than on feet, would have been better. I understand the concern about him getting 'wrapped up' by the taller guy, but the same problem occurs with trying to get a takedown. Pick one's poison, I guess. The same with Hines....only in reverse. It seems his height or 'length' is a problem for him in getting takedowns. He's quick as hell getting in on the legs, but is constantly stalemated by his opponent grabbing that long, dangling leg. Frustrating to see him get 'in' so many times but not able to convert. I just wish this could be addressed.