Resting vs Recovery

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Oracle

Re: Resting vs Recovery

Post by Oracle » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:47 pm

Sorry for mis-identifying jda. But no one answered whiz' question.

George Porgie

Post by George Porgie » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:37 pm

whiz wit wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:26 am
jdalu75 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:54 am
whiz wit wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:57 am Great that staff will tell an outside journalist why one of the stars of the team hasn't been wrestling but not tell those who support the team.
Who says that the staff told him?
It is, I believe, a well founded assumption. Aren't the wrestlers and other insiders essentially sworn to secrecy as to what goes on in the room, who is injured, who will be wrestling in meets, etc.? And isn't that why we fans never get that information? Therefore, wouldn't the EIWA guy be expected to go to staff for information? And in this case, not only do we learn why Crookham hasn't been wrestling, we also learn when he is expected to return. Given all that, isn't it a reasonable assumption that the EIWA guy got the information from staff?
Some of the members of the team have been my classes. Sometimes I even know them well enough that I could chime in on some of the speculation the goes on here. I'm not sworn to secrecy but I feel a responsibility to keep in confidence what I know sometimes. If the student wants to let everyone know what's going on with them personally they can do that, but I don't feel it's my place to do that. And the coaches know them a lot better than I do. I really like every one of them I've met and I feel strongly that I shouldn't even take a chance on betraying a confidence. I'd like to know too sometimes. BTW, I don't know anything about Crookham except that he's a damn fine athlete.
mookie

Post by mookie » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:15 am

Certainly, there are better practices for fan engagement. When a school is interested in building a following, communication from the head coach plays a huge role in creating fan interest.

Fans stop showing support by no longer attending events.
martinsilvestri

Post by martinsilvestri » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:24 am

there does have to be better ways to drum up support. i like what gina (i think that is her name?) is doing with the social media stuff. a little more engagement from the coaches would go a long way. they dont have to tell all the team's secrets, but maybe a recap or post-match interview as a standard feature. doesnt have to be santoro, i could see someone like jordan wood being good at that. some kind of fan club would be an interesting idea - that one would be on us. george porgie - if im understanding your post right, i agree it's not your job to share things about your fellow students - instead bring a few out to wrestling meets and spread the word.
Last edited by martinsilvestri on Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
JAD77

Post by JAD77 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:10 am

martinsilvestri wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:24 am georgie porgie - if im understanding your post right, i agree it's not your job to share things about your fellow students - instead bring a few out to wrestling meets and spread the word.
:D I’m pretty sure he’s a Prof.
martinsilvestri

Post by martinsilvestri » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:32 am

JAD77 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:10 am
martinsilvestri wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:24 am georgie porgie - if im understanding your post right, i agree it's not your job to share things about your fellow students - instead bring a few out to wrestling meets and spread the word.
:D I’m pretty sure he’s a Prof.
Ha!! Apologies, Professor. Who knew. :lol:
mookie

Post by mookie » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:52 am

Santoro is part of the collegiate wrestling coaches' “incommunicados.”
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:00 am

Sorry, but to exclude this forum is a mistake. Fan fora are a staple of college wrestling. "Social Media' should include this site. IMO.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:23 am

Oracle wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:00 am Sorry, but to exclude this forum is a mistake. Fan fora are a staple of college wrestling. "Social Media' should include this site. IMO.
Really? I see very few schools in any of the Fora. And mostly just to advertise an upcoming event. (Bellarmine does some).
We can all read the media and post here ourselves.
martinsilvestri

Post by martinsilvestri » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:11 pm

Oracle wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:00 am Sorry, but to exclude this forum is a mistake. Fan fora are a staple of college wrestling. "Social Media' should include this site. IMO.
I was under the assumption that this was the dark underbelly of the lehigh fan world, which folks are warned to avoid...