Eric Hess to District Four hall of Fame

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Richb-3

Eric Hess to District Four hall of Fame

Post by Richb-3 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:04 pm

Eric Hess: (Benton HS/ Lehigh University)
Wrestler: Career Record 154-13, 4X East Central Sectional Champion, 2X District 4 Champion, 2X Northeast Regional Champion, 3X PIAA Medalist and 2X PIAA State Champion. During Eric’s time at Benton he helped the team to PIAA State 2nd place finishes in 2008 and 2009. In 2010, the team finished as PIAA AA State Champions.
Following his second PIAA State title in 2010, Eric was named the AA Outstanding Wrestler of the PIAA State Tournament. Eric Attended Lehigh University. Unfortunately, he was unable to compete as a college wrestler due to complications from a cancer diagnosis.
Contributor: Eric currently serves as Executive Director of the National High School Coaches Association alongside fellow D4 Hall of Fame member, Bob Ferraro, Jr

Mountain Hawk

Re: Eric Hess to District Four hall of Fame

Post by Mountain Hawk » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:53 pm

What a great kid. I can't imagine having the thing you've dedicated yourself to - and found excellence in - ripped away from you when you reach the college level. He stuck around the program because of his love for the sport and dedication to the team. What a credit to have come through our program. I only met him in person once and he was everything I expected and more.

Congrats Eric - Hope you're happy and healthy wherever you are these days.
HFO

Re: Eric Hess to District Four hall of Fame

Post by HFO » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:57 am

He was a talent. Just happy that he is having ongoing good health and with us 14 years later. Lehigh stood by him and he got his education. He still is contributing to the sport, just in a different way.

One of the hardest parts of life is to be once rugged and to then become infirm. Something we all go through regardless of when it comes.

Eric Hess and Meys were great role models to their teams. To face a hard challenge bravely and inspire your teammates to live in the moment.