2025 EIWA Championships

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
1/2NELSON

Re: 2025 EIWA Championships

Post by 1/2NELSON » Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:55 pm

Some nostalgic elements in this, the LAST of the EIWA'S as we know/knew them with exit of the IVY Leaguers. :cry:

Off the top of the bald-head I got our BOOK-ENDS winning titles, Stanich/Crookham, along with Beard/Taylor.
And enough with the various metrics, algorithms, etc. to determine qualifiers to Kansas City. I say ONLY the winner should advance,.. or at best, the top three finishers, NOT everyone and their mother! :lol:

Little DRAMA for me other than the highly anticipated rematch from the Journeyman in which Crookham "ambushed" the CINDERELLA from last year's NCAA/World Championships. The "drama" might very well be whether or not Vito has recovered sufficiently enough from whatever ailment that has side-lined him for the majority of the season, and might he be only a SHADOW of the most valuable player from last season. :roll:

Possibly our DEEP-THROAT, Red-Blades, could enlighten us as to the readiness of Big-Red and his associates.. ;)

As a wrestling FAN you might enjoy this very well done documentary. 8-)

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/1 ... he-shadows
Last edited by 1/2NELSON on Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mookie

Post by mookie » Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:57 pm

As I've said earlier, Vito & Crookham will never wrestle each other again.
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:13 pm

mookie wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:57 pm As I've said earlier, Vito & Crookham will never wrestle each other again.
and WHAT might I ask is the mookster basing that on :?:
Red Blades

Post by Red Blades » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:32 pm

1/2NELSON wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:55 pm Possibly our DEEP-THROAT, Red-Blades, could enlighten us as to the readiness of Big-Red and his associates.. ;)
Deep Throat: You'll have to figure that on your own.

Bob Woodward: Look, I'm tired of your chickenshit games! I don't want hints! I need to know what you know!
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:00 pm

Red Blades wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:32 pm
1/2NELSON wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:55 pm Possibly our DEEP-THROAT, Red-Blades, could enlighten us as to the readiness of Big-Red and his associates.. ;)
Deep Throat: You'll have to figure that on your own.

Bob Woodward: Look, I'm tired of your chickenshit games! I don't want hints! I need to know what you know!
THANKS for response pal,.. and I love Woodward's admonishment. :?
The late Denny D would often dangle a morsel of titillating information that left you no recourse other than to subscribe to his Newsletter for ..THE-REST-OF-THE-STORY! :roll:

Would be very disappointed if Vito wasn't ready, and competitive. :cry:
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:04 pm

HFO. Woah, Woah, Woah. Not enough rooms in Bucknell is not a problem to me. Have a campsite in the State Forest.
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:38 am

Clarifying to HFO that proposal to join ACC is only for wrestling as an affiliate member for 1 sport.

They only have 7 schools that wrestle & would be a great fit to add the Patriot League 5 from EIWA. Good academic fit & better wrestling fit for both leagues.

Will make for nice conference championships & gives Lehigh better competition within the league.

This is a no brainer request for AD’s. Pat should like affiliation with Pitt (Gavin), Stanford (Ayres), NC (Koll) along with helping his recruiting with better league affiliation than Hofstra/LIU, Sacred Heart etc. Rider is a loser as well with zero academic or athletic reputation.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:19 am

Bruce: I'm warming to your ACC suggestion. Perhaps you and Caruso can get in someone's ear and get it rolling.
I'm relocating to Chapel Hill next month and have already been in contact with coach Koll. After the season, I will try to get in his ear.

Patriot League is all fine and dandy, but if it were up to me, I'd offer Lehigh, Army, Navy only. That would make it 10 teams. Army and Navy are elite in terms of prestige (similar to Notre Dame) and Lehigh would be an easy sell due to quality of the program. Most, if not all, of the ACC coaches would love to have us.
Offering American and Bucknell is asking for trouble IMO.

The remaining EIWA qualifier would include: American, Bucknell, Drexel, Bighamton, Hofstra, F&M, LIU, Sacred Heart --- 8 teams -- a nice fit with champions getting automatic bids.

Your thoughts? Anyone?
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:25 am

LUEngineer wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:38 am Clarifying to HFO that proposal to join ACC is only for wrestling as an affiliate member for 1 sport.

They only have 7 schools that wrestle & would be a great fit to add the Patriot League 5 from EIWA. Good academic fit & better wrestling fit for both leagues.

Will make for nice conference championships & gives Lehigh better competition within the league.

This is a no brainer request for AD’s. Pat should like affiliation with Pitt (Gavin), Stanford (Ayres), NC (Koll) along with helping his recruiting with better league affiliation than Hofstra/LIU, Sacred Heart etc. Rider is a loser as well with zero academic or athletic reputation.
Look. I agree that ACC would be a possibility. But really. There is a 1-2% chance of ACC combining for wrestling for all 5. A 1-2% chance of just LU, Army, Navy for just wrestling. (remember, even if We can get the coaches on our side, we need ADs and Presidents. And, at best 1-2% of all three for full membership. It would take a 10-20 year effort to make football competitive, probably also need to grow stadium to 30,000+. But Could Army and Navy really ever be competitive, with 6' 6" size limit. (David Robinson was the flukiest of flukes, 6'5" inches, and not that experienced when he entered before he grew 6 inches.

Question. I doubt anyone here knows. Did Johns Hopkin approach (or were approached by) the ACC before, or simultaneously with the B1G in Lacrosse.

So try, but be very doubtful.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:50 am

Rich: I don’t think anyone is talking about full membership. Just an affiliation in a minor sport / wrestling. Where did the idea of full membership come from?

Lehigh, Army, Navy for wrestling only has a high percentage chance. Koll, Ayers, Gavin, Pop, Garland, and VA Tech would all be in favor.