Brackets 8pm Wednesday

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Richb-3

Re: Brackets 8pm Wednesday

Post by Richb-3 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:57 pm

Does not likely mean much to Stanich Or Taylor. But for Crookham and Beard, It means a likely Friday rematch with some one they beat twice by close scores. Beating someone 3 times is hard.

Question for anyone. At NCAA what is the length of time between weigh ins and first bout of the day. I guess Lukes first bout is #26 but effectively #25.

Oracle

Post by Oracle » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:15 pm

But Rich, you are making my point -- if he wants to win, will it be any easier if that 3rd bout was in the finals?
You got's ta beat all the best guys to win. Vito is one of the best, if not the best when he is right.

"Beating someone 3 times is hard."
Yup.
lu_alum

Post by lu_alum » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm

Richb-3 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:57 pm Does not likely mean much to Stanich Or Taylor. But for Crookham and Beard, It means a likely Friday rematch with some one they beat twice by close scores. Beating someone 3 times is hard.

Question for anyone. At NCAA what is the length of time between weigh ins and first bout of the day. I guess Lukes first bout is #26 but effectively #25.
NCAA made a rule change this year. Weigh-ins 2hrs prior on each day of the tourney. It used to be two hours on the first day, and one hour on days two and three.

Friday morning was always the session to see how well the big-cutting lightweights fared off the scale.
jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:28 pm

For those who want to worry -- EIWAs was the only the second time this season that Stanich had to make weight two days in a row (Midlands was the first, and that seemed to go well).

For those who don't -- lots of other 125s seem to be cutting more weight than Luke.