Vito's miraculous rejuvenation

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
martinsilvestri

Vito's miraculous rejuvenation

Post by martinsilvestri » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:26 am

I'm not insinuating anything so take it easy. I'm genuinely curious to find out what folks attribute Vito's incredible transformation to. Here's the interview Vito gave after his Crookham match: https://youtu.be/jOn7QDkxaDg?si=5oAq4qd9q4lq8M5X

In the interview, Vito says that during the first Crookham match he was severely concussed, then goes on to say that throughout the season he was so impaired that he could not even use his hands at times. He said that two weeks ago during the second loss he was still dealing with these severe injuries and therefore Ryan never felt "what it was like to wrestle Vito" until this weekend. When Brad Wilson tried to nail him down on what the greatest difference was, this is all he could say. Then he talked about mindset etc.

That seems like quite a two weeks, since Gimp was helping him hobble out of the Sjolka Pavilion after being soundly beaten and reinjured by Crookham - to his present high-flying hyper-speedy wrestling and chipper disposition, with all those season-long problems suddenly in the rearview. In the interview prior to the semi he references "temporary solutions" but doesn't explain what those are. Is this type of transformation typical in the two weeks between conference and ncaas? What might this be attributed to?

legger

Re: Vito's miraculous rejuvenation

Post by legger » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:28 am

**** No matter what any poster says here in response to Vito's comments, someone is going to jump on it and claim we are just hating on Vito and Cornell. Please let me state up front, I truly Respect and Like Vito. He is almost a generational talent, with his speed, agility and attack mindset.

However, if he was actually "severely concussed", as he says, then it begs the question: "How could his doctor/trainer and coaches allow him to go against Crookham in the first match?" Even if he wanted to wrestle Crookham, to prove he is still the Top 133 in the EIWA, there is no way his handlers should have allowed him on the mat. Period. Did his coaches want to "win" the dual so badly that they would potentially put his health in jeopardy, just to reverse the recent dual trends? I surely hope not.

Ok, now that I have identified the Elephant in the room: Fire away.
BP-LU87

Post by BP-LU87 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:32 am

I’m just glad he beat Fix and that he will be “cleared”:out of the weight class next year.

Out of this world wrestler whom I hope gets the US a gold in Paris.

…and yea, the Concussion explanation doesn’t make any sense.
The Kid

Post by The Kid » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:00 pm

Great point. I think that would be negligence on the part of the doctor if they knew, and if they didn't how was it diagnosed?

By the way, is Stanich definitely vacating 125?
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:16 pm

The Kid wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:00 pm Great point. I think that would be negligence on the part of the doctor if they knew, and if they didn't how was it diagnosed?

Unless I miss my guess he already has.
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:34 pm

Two comments:

Vito may have recovered enough from injuries/concussion to function at 95% level during the season and then full recovery for the NCAAs. Injuries dogged cu all season——- hindsight might have had their 141 med forfeit his first 2 EIWA matches in preparation for the NCAA ( similar to psu/Starocci and the B1G).

All indications are Stanich will redshirt and move up in weight class, but he did not look particularly big vs other 125s at the NCAAs. I anticipate Crookham staying at 133—-where he’ll be pre-season #1—- but lots can change in 6-7 months.
lu_alum

Post by lu_alum » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:52 pm

Mountain Hawk wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:16 pm
The Kid wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:00 pm Great point. I think that would be negligence on the part of the doctor if they knew, and if they didn't how was it diagnosed?

Unless I miss my guess he already has.
The last time that kid ever saw 125 was Thursday morning.
martinsilvestri

Post by martinsilvestri » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:54 pm

Santoro says Luke is done at 125 in his post-EIWA interview. I'll post the link, but you'd need a flo membership to watch it, I couldn't find it on Youtube.
https://www.flowrestling.org/video/1228 ... mpionships
lu_alum

Post by lu_alum » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:13 pm

martinsilvestri wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:54 pm Santoro says Luke is done at 125 in his post-EIWA interview. I'll post the link, but you'd need a flo membership to watch it, I couldn't find it on Youtube.
https://www.flowrestling.org/video/1228 ... mpionships
Recall that Santoro questioned whether Stanich would be able to hold 125 the whole season, but Stanich was committed to make it happen. (that may have been in the Flo interview)
HFO

Post by HFO » Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:38 pm

martinsilvestri wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:26 am I'm not insinuating anything so take it easy. I'm genuinely curious to find out what folks attribute Vito's incredible transformation to. Here's the interview Vito gave after his Crookham match: https://youtu.be/jOn7QDkxaDg?si=5oAq4qd9q4lq8M5X

In the interview, Vito says that during the first Crookham match he was severely concussed, then goes on to say that throughout the season he was so impaired that he could not even use his hands at times. He said that two weeks ago during the second loss he was still dealing with these severe injuries and therefore Ryan never felt "what it was like to wrestle Vito" until this weekend. When Brad Wilson tried to nail him down on what the greatest difference was, this is all he could say. Then he talked about mindset etc.

That seems like quite a two weeks, since Gimp was helping him hobble out of the Sjolka Pavilion after being soundly beaten and reinjured by Crookham - to his present high-flying hyper-speedy wrestling and chipper disposition, with all those season-long problems suddenly in the rearview. In the interview prior to the semi he references "temporary solutions" but doesn't explain what those are. Is this type of transformation typical in the two weeks between conference and ncaas? What might this be attributed to?
Marvels of modern medicine. The two weeks of rest also helps.