The AFTERGLOW

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
1/2NELSON

The AFTERGLOW

Post by 1/2NELSON » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:30 pm

..and random thoughts on the Tournament. :D

Looked like a beautiful venue, and a well-run tourney. For those that went did you sit with the GREY-HAIR of Lehigh or fly solo? Meet any LEGENDS while hoisting a few cold-ones, and was the "pulled-pork" worthy of it's Midwestern reputation? 8-)

WOW,..only TWELVE-PTS separated 2ND >>> 9TH Place! Talk about parity..
Let's not even talk about Penn State! :P

Lehigh exceeded my pre-season expectations by having not just one All-American but THREE!
At my RIPE old age I'm easy to please, and just wanna be entertained, not some die-hard! :lol:

Cornell came on like gang-busters getting a lot of MILEAGE out of their three All-Americans. This is the team Ole King Koll envisioned to possibly WIN the NCAA tournament before his exodus to Stanford/ UNC. :roll:

Speaking of mileage how 'bout the high octane gas of Mesenbrink! :o Gotta watch this one again as I though it the best bout on the card. Lots of STALL calls though,.. for nothing but "pushing" it seemed, causing Burroughs to comment that he'd like to see the FS push-out rule introduced. Might have some merit..

Loved the inter-play between commentators Jordan Burroughs and Daniel Cormier, informative with frequent moments of comic-relief. A broadcast such as this is soo much more enjoyable when the ones describing the action have BEEN there, DONE that! ;)

T'was somewhat ironic that it was Cormier who commented on the outstanding job former JERSEY legend Damian Hahn is doing at South Dakota State(4 AA). They had a pretty intense rivalry when they both competed collegiately, and internationally back in-the-day. As a Freshman Gopher, Damian took a severe beating in his dual with the Cowboys, compliments of Daniel. :oops: However Hahn got revenge at the Team-Duals latter on.

Visually apparent, and addressed in numerous interviews(Hidlay), more of our gladiators are bulking UP, avoiding the drudgery of THE CUT, and thus better able to focus on getting better! Makes sense to me, and I also couldn't help but ponder what was an over-whelming SPIRITUAL presence in many of these athletes. 8-)

HFO

Re: The AFTERGLOW

Post by HFO » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm

If you can produce All Americans in Brookings, SD which I have been to, you are one hell of a coach and Bono and Hahn have. Hahn will be on short list of Big 10 programs as they become open. I have been vocal that I believe Damian Hahn should be LEHIGH head coach when Pat retires.
ngineer

Re: The AFTERGLOW

Post by ngineer » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:12 pm

Interesting thought on Hahn. He certainly has done a fine job at SDSU. I wonder if he’d be interested in us though. I think transitioning to Lehigh might be a bit more challenging recruiting-wise.