U.S. OLYMPIC TEAM TRIALS

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
1/2NELSON

Re: U.S. OLYMPIC TEAM TRIALS

Post by 1/2NELSON » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:53 pm

Not surprised knowing the extent of the cardio needed to shed the remaining LBS while stressing whatever injury he had rehabbed prior to NCAA tournament. Too bad,..60KG was ideal. :roll:

martinsilvestri

Post by martinsilvestri » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:30 pm

One of the biggest injustices in sports = the halving of men's wrestling at the Olympics. Not only is it an original Olympic sport, but it actually has a vibrant community as a sport that is Olympic-centric (as opposed to something like Boxing where Olympics is not the primary focus). Just so incredibly dumb.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:17 am

Oh, but Gimp, you didn't mention the injury in your initial response to me ... only in your condescending follow-up. So I guess it wasn't so simple after all. But maybe you were feverishly working on a crossword puzzle at about the same time and were distracted.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:36 am

whiz wit wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:17 am Oh, but Gimp, you didn't mention the injury in your initial response to me ... only in your condescending follow-up. So I guess it wasn't so simple after all. But maybe you were feverishly working on a crossword puzzle at about the same time and were distracted.
Sigh!
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:33 pm

BRACKETS ARE UP:

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/1 ... e-preseeds

65KG is anyone's guess, reminiscent of 125LBS at this year's NCAA tournament! :roll:
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:44 pm

I agree its simple, should not have been trying to wrestle 133 all year while injured.

If Olympics were truly his goal Vito should have maintained approx 125 thru the year, if he got injured would not have had large cut on top of injury rehab......but he chose not to......he chose to try to have his cake and eat it too and it didn't work out........which is fine, but let's not make it something it wasn't........
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:50 pm

martinsilvestri wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:30 pm One of the biggest injustices in sports = the halving of men's wrestling at the Olympics. Not only is it an original Olympic sport, but it actually has a vibrant community as a sport that is Olympic-centric (as opposed to something like Boxing where Olympics is not the primary focus). Just so incredibly dumb.
The two most "offensive", to me, sports in the Olympics are Golf and Tennis. For both men and women, in both sports, the Olympics are the 17th most important event in in a 4 year period..

To a lesser degree I have bad thoughts about Baseball, M Basketball, M Soccer, and M Ice Hockey. M Soccer is basically the U23 World Cup.

Most fans and participants of other sports think of the Olympics as the ultimate.
lu_alum

Post by lu_alum » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:47 pm

Richb-3 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:50 pm
martinsilvestri wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:30 pm One of the biggest injustices in sports = the halving of men's wrestling at the Olympics. Not only is it an original Olympic sport, but it actually has a vibrant community as a sport that is Olympic-centric (as opposed to something like Boxing where Olympics is not the primary focus). Just so incredibly dumb.
The two most "offensive", to me, sports in the Olympics are Golf and Tennis. For both men and women, in both sports, the Olympics are the 17th most important event in in a 4 year period..

To a lesser degree I have bad thoughts about Baseball, M Basketball, M Soccer, and M Ice Hockey. M Soccer is basically the U23 World Cup.

Most fans and participants of other sports think of the Olympics as the ultimate.
Modern Pentathlon is the worst Olympic sport.
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:43 pm

>>>>> Olympian George Patton would disagree. Concept was an event showcasing athletic skills of an Army officer.

I believe the original Greek pentathlon event included wrestling.
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:03 pm

Spladle1989 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:44 pm I agree its simple, should not have been trying to wrestle 133 all year while injured.

If Olympics were truly his goal Vito should have maintained approx 125 thru the year, if he got injured would not have had large cut on top of injury rehab......but he chose not to......he chose to try to have his cake and eat it too and it didn't work out........which is fine, but let's not make it something it wasn't........
Whatever,..he's a much better wrestler at 60KG/133LBS. Obviously a drastic CUT to 57K placed additional demands on an already compromised body! :roll: So he stays at 133, and wins another exciting NCAA tournament by beating our BEST kid, and a much anticipated Finals against Fix. Happy for the kid, and fans got WHAT they wanted, except for the Lehigh fans! :cry:

Hopefully he comes back next year healthy, and able to defend his world title, and in the course of four more years possibly moving UP a weight class Internationally. :shock: