Building on Success

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
LUEngineer

Building on Success

Post by LUEngineer » Sun May 05, 2024 8:39 am

Lehigh is poised to return to the Top 10 next year in Philly if things fall into place.

The exciting part about this past year was the emergence of 2 freshman AA’s as I have previously pointed out.

The last time we had frosh 2 AA’s was in 2003 or over 20 years ago with Letters/Zinck I believe. Correct me if I am wrong & not sure if we ever have had that at any time in the past.

Before the days of freshman eligibility, clearly our only other comparable equivalent was my class where Caruso & Peritore were the freshman duo in ‘64. Perhaps Crookham/Stanich can become the equivalent duo to that greatest era 60 years later.

Remember how Caruso/Peritore got supplemented with the transfer arrival of 2 time AA Billy Stuart to take Lehigh to 3rd, 4th, & 7th place finishes!! That may have been the most successful era for Lehigh rivaled by the Strobel led run with Letters/Zinck/Dillon 20 years ago which also produced & 3rd Place finish at NCAA’s.

So we truly have something to be proud of moving forward & perhaps with these 2 great young men helping to recruit future talent from the portal or high school campuses, Pat can make his mark at a High Top 10 run over the next 3 years.

This is an exciting time for Lehigh Wrestling. Step up & help by contributing in some fashion to the 3 options you have to make a difference:
1) Wrestling Partnership-Helps Pat recruit
2) LVWC-Helps Kerry bring workout partners
3)South Mountain NIL-Helps supplement Scholarships to the high performing prospects.

This is our time as we have something exciting to build upon & these 2 studs are truly great student athletes with character & personality to fit the Lehigh model. Help make it happen as all the pieces are in place to bring home the trophies again.

Justafan

Re: Building on Success

Post by Justafan » Sun May 05, 2024 11:09 am

LUEngineer wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:39 am Lehigh is poised to return to the Top 10 next year in Philly if things fall into place.

The exciting part about this past year was the emergence of 2 freshman AA’s as I have previously pointed out.

The last time we had frosh 2 AA’s was in 2003 or over 20 years ago with Letters/Zinck I believe. Correct me if I am wrong & not sure if we ever have had that at any time in the past.

Before the days of freshman eligibility, clearly our only other comparable equivalent was my class where Caruso & Peritore were the freshman duo in ‘64. Perhaps Crookham/Stanich can become the equivalent duo to that greatest era 60 years later.

Remember how Caruso/Peritore got supplemented with the transfer arrival of 2 time AA Billy Stuart to take Lehigh to 3rd, 4th, & 7th place finishes!! That may have been the most successful era for Lehigh rivaled by the Strobel led run with Letters/Zinck/Dillon 20 years ago which also produced & 3rd Place finish at NCAA’s.

So we truly have something to be proud of moving forward & perhaps with these 2 great young men helping to recruit future talent from the portal or high school campuses, Pat can make his mark at a High Top 10 run over the next 3 years.

This is an exciting time for Lehigh Wrestling. Step up & help by contributing in some fashion to the 3 options you have to make a difference:
1) Wrestling Partnership-Helps Pat recruit
2) LVWC-Helps Kerry bring workout partners
3)South Mountain NIL-Helps supplement Scholarships to the high performing prospects.

This is our time as we have something exciting to build upon & these 2 studs are truly great student athletes with character & personality to fit the Lehigh model. Help make it happen as all the pieces are in place to bring home the trophies again.
++++++++
HFO

Post by HFO » Sun May 05, 2024 12:03 pm

Wrestlestat has Lehigh 3rd in Tournament ranking for 2025.
We lose a lot of points if Stanich redshirts.
There are 4 All Americans still available in the portal. They are there for the taking. The have degrees. Just get them interested in Lehigh. Get them enrolled in the Graduate School and their chosen degree path.

3rd is definitely within reach if every wrestler reaches their full potential. Enough have graduated that Crookham, Beard and Taylor could be Top 3. If Stanich or a transfer in at 141, then possibly more points. Not leaning that Hines is the starter. I think it will be Stanich, Bailey, TRANSFER, Hines in that order.

Definitely good times. However, it will disappointing if we do not land available talent in the PORTAL of this level given that they have degrees and are proven students with 4 or 5 years of college credits.
Asa Packer

Post by Asa Packer » Sun May 05, 2024 12:27 pm

"I think it will be Stanich, Bailey, TRANSFER, Hines in that order" Say what?
HFO

Post by HFO » Sun May 05, 2024 12:47 pm

Asa Packer wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:27 pm "I think it will be Stanich, Bailey, TRANSFER, Hines in that order" Say what?
Think now grasshopper, learn later.

Stanich...contingent that he grows to 141 and Pat lets him fly.
Bailey....if Pat does not.
TRANSFER...if Pat actually goes after one, but not expected. TRANSFER Alirez if Pat would get him. #1 option, then you can redshirt Stanich and he has world class training partners in Crookham and Stanich.
Hines....loses to all 3 above.

On we go...
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Sun May 05, 2024 2:49 pm

Best option is prepare Hines to bulk up for 149 & let Stanich jump into 141 next year assuming he can beat Bailey.

Bragnola likely to redshirt so 157 could be a 1 year need. Any of your 1 year grad AS potentials fit there.

No need to bring in a 141 transfer as we are loaded at that weight.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sun May 05, 2024 4:52 pm

Lopes, with a strong resumé, is coming in ... though he hasn't appeared in the major tournaments lately. Wrestled at 138.

If Stanich doesn't prove to be a force at 141, ya never know. Who thought Stanich would AA in his first year?
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Sun May 05, 2024 5:59 pm

I believe Stanich will be a force at 141. He cut an unbelievable amount of weight last season from above 141 & he is growing. It is only a question of strength not talent that could hamper him. But this is a focused kid that is hungry to wrestle.

He & Crookham are the Caruso/Peritore of our era.
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Sun May 05, 2024 10:40 pm

>>>>>>> Lopes won the Beast of the East at 132 and Flo has him ranked #4 sr at that weight.
HFO

Post by HFO » Sun May 05, 2024 10:50 pm

LUEngineer wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 5:59 pm I believe Stanich will be a force at 141. He cut an unbelievable amount of weight last season from above 141 & he is growing. It is only a question of strength not talent that could hamper him. But this is a focused kid that is hungry to wrestle.

He & Crookham are the Caruso/Peritore of our era.
And Andrew Alirez could be the Billy Stuart to make a trio if Stanich would go 141 and Alirez go 149. Would be a pretty amazing site to see LEHIGH 3 NCAA Titles in a row. Lehigh Wrestling would probably trend very high in search engines the night of NCAA Finals.

Despite some holes, there is very much to look forward to in the season ahead whether or not we land an elite grad transfer. It should be fun times next year at Grace Hall. Just wish I could be there, but to infirm to put my care assistant through the trouble of getting me around.