Nahshon Garrett

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Oracle

Re: Nahshon Garrett

Post by Oracle » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:51 pm

The question about Lehigh allowing an un-vaccinated hire is relevant and fair to raise.. Unfortunately, LU is just another in a long list of permissive, liberal institutions with all-woke policies. Wrestling fans, by and large are not built that way. Personally, I choose to ignore Lehigh's woke politics and support the wrestlers and staff. Bravo to Nahshon Garrett for having the confidence, charisma and courage to publicly share his opinions. He is not going along to get along.

I take it Nothing Meaningful's innuendo was asked and answered --- he seems to object to Garrett's vaxx preferences. I do not and also applaud and welcome his comments on voter fraud. Everyone has an opinion -- time for inclusion of thought and not to shout down those holding a different view simply because one believes they are 'elite' and know what's best for everyone.

Now.....can we agree Nahshon Garrett is, perhaps, the best signee the club has had since Steve Mocco?

gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:54 pm

Oracle wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:51 pm The question about Lehigh allowing an un-vaccinated hire is relevant and fair to raise.. Unfortunately, LU is just another in a long list of permissive, liberal institutions with all-woke policies. Wrestling fans, by and large are not built that way. Personally, I choose to ignore Lehigh's woke politics and support the wrestlers and staff. Bravo to Nahshon Garrett for having the confidence, charisma and courage to publicly share his opinions. He is not going along to get along.

I take it Nothing Meaningful's innuendo was asked and answered --- he seems to object to Garrett's vaxx preferences. I do not and also applaud and welcome his comments on voter fraud. Everyone has an opinion -- time for inclusion of thought and not to shout down those holding a different view simply because one believes they are 'elite' and know what's best for everyone.

Now.....can we agree Nahshon Garrett is, perhaps, the best signee the club has had since Steve Mocco?

Uh, if this was a liberal policy, it would be to make sure he WAS vaccinated.
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:41 pm

Oracle wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:51 pm
He is entitled to his own opinions, but he is not entitled to his own facts. He believes in sovereign citizenship: that's not a matter of "different view," it's idiocy.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:02 pm

NothingMeaningful wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:41 pm
Oracle wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:51 pm
He is entitled to his own opinions, but he is not entitled to his own facts. He believes in sovereign citizenship: that's not a matter of "different view," it's idiocy.
Who cares what his opinions or version of the facts are so long as they don't negatively impact his job performance as a wrestling mentor?
mikebart62

Post by mikebart62 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:48 pm

I'm all for adding quality talent to the club. I think Nashon will be a good wrestling addition. As far as the "Woke" negativity. Its about time society has started to address injustice. Referring to Mr. Garrett's entitlement to opinions, once something has been disproven isn't it just spreading lies?
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:39 pm

two rational posts in a row .... the problem with that last sentence is that about 40% of America is passionate about spreading lies and that pct believes the other side is equally passionate, including most of the media.

One of a dozen reasons to avoid politics on this sports forum.
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:58 pm

Just a couple follow up points to some posters.

Point#1- Lehigh has no say in this hire & their vaccinations policy as he is not employed by Lehigh but rather the LVWC funded by private donors.

Point#2– His position certainly was not something he learned at Cornell as he is not spewing the Ivy Left wing agenda thank goodness.

Point#3- Nice that he is willing to speak out regarding his body just as women do constantly about their right for choice. Vaccinations mean nothing today with regard to preventing the spread of the virus as it appears that the vaccinated are now more likely to be hospitalized & die vs the unvaccinated with the latest variants.

Finally, I agree that this is the best hire outside the Lehigh wrestlers by the LVWC in a very long time. Welcome Mr Garrett!!
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:05 pm

What is the definition of “Sovereign Citizen” that is referenced herein?

Shouldn’t we all be upset about voter fraud?
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:00 am

Thought I'd research evidence that vaccinations don't protect more than not having them.
Seems as hard to find that, as answer O's trivia question

"Vaccines lower risk of long COVID 15%, and death by 34%, data shows"
Among sites, can be found via CDC, also Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:41 am

I think there is ample evidence to suggest that the vaccine helped prevent hospitalization & deaths with the original COVID but not necessarily slowing the spread of infection.

The Latest variants of COVID appear to be hitting the vaccinated harder than the unvaccinated based upon recent reports of hospitalizations & deaths.

In any case what does “sovereign citizen” mean that everyone is all upset about?