Game #3 Marist

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
jimk72

Game #3 Marist

Post by jimk72 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:33 am

I'm calling it game #3 as I consider Sunday's event with Misericordia at Grace Hall more of a scrimmage/practice. The Red Fox of Marist invade Stabler tonight at 1-1 with a 4 point win over American and a 3 point loss to Binghamton. This should give us a much better idea of were we're at.

As for the Patriot League hierarchy, the only sure thing at this point is Colgate. The Raiders of the Chenango Valley beat Syracuse by 8 last night while setting a dome record with NINETEEN 3 pointers. Yipes......

See you all at Stabler tonight!

lehigh90

Re: Game #3 Marist

Post by lehigh90 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:02 pm

Wow, this Board is dead.

Need a win tonight. Should be even matchup. Lehigh -3.5.
lehigh90

Post by lehigh90 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:04 pm

Good win, both teams shot it poorly, but it’s a W.

Good bench scoring.
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:26 am

A lot to like last night, but a lot to clean up as well. We had spurts of excellent team basketball, and then sloppy, rushed possessions when we seemed to have the game in hand. Our defensive intensity was good for most of the night. Obvious problem…..J.T. Tan starting “center”……..ZERO rebounds. Possible solution, Henri Adiassa 7 rebounds. He’s very raw, but he sure does hustle. Sleeper on the team, who I think should start or at least be sixth man…..Jakob Alamudun. 13 points, 7 boards in 26 minutes.

Next up, St. Francis in Loretta Monday night. Hopefully another confidence builder.
lehigh90

Post by lehigh90 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:10 am

What were you thoughts seeing the 2 freshmen in person? Also, Sinclair who looks like he’s starting to emerge?
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:05 pm

In fairness to Momah, he entered the game in the second half and had an unfortunate turnover. Then got shoved by an opponent, shoved back, and he got the foul. Brett immediately took him out. End of his evening. I felt sorry for him. He looked like good potential against Misericordia, for what that's worth.....

Adiassa is big, imposing, strong, very long, awkward & very raw, and definitely a project. But he hustles,and is aggressive. He didn't try to do too much, took up a lot of space, moved the opponents bigs around, and got 7 rebounds in 18 minutes. What's not to like? With lots of work he can only get better. And we have no one else. Tan is really not an option. 4 fouls, no rebounds in 16 minutes.

And to repeat, I like Alamudun a bunch..... a shame he's already a senior. He may have a year of eligibility left because of Covid, but I'm not sure.
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:56 pm

Enjoyed the Inconsistent play seems a staple for Doc's teams. Sinclair seems to be getting back to his game. Optimistic. Frontcourt a puzzle. No RBs for Tan and Parolin? Adiassa may never be an Oforce. Don't care. He rebounds,hustles and plays D